QED HDMI Switch & Panasonic dmp-bd55

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all wonder if anyone has an idea or thoughts on this issue..

I have a QED HDMI switch as I have a ARcam AVR300 that doesn't do HDMI switching. I have a Sony 46x3500 too and yesterday I bought a Panasonic DMP-BD55 so I could use the 7.1 analogue outputs with the AVR 300.

I have an issue with the bd55 in that when I run it direct thru a HDMI cable to the TV all is well bit thru the HDMI witch it keeps flashing and I get noise when it does and the picture doesn't stay on all the time. I did have a Tosh HDDVD and that was fine through the switch on full 1080p and 24 fps.

Has anyone else seen or know of this issue or am I missing something?

Any Help much appreciated

Spoinster

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Sounds like a marginal signal level causing the player and TV to unlock from each other. HDMI uses a system of handshaking and also security protocols to stop piracy, and it could be the signal output from the Panasonic isn't strong enough to drive through the QED to the TV.

What cables are you using from player to switch and from switch to TV, and what else is plugged into the switch?

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply Andrew,

So the HDMI cable from the switch to the TV is a chord - can't remember the exact type but it was 200 quid - and thats 5m long - may have relevance. The hdmi from the bd55 is a 1m quniex hdmi-p. The QED HDMI switch is fully populated with a xbox 360, a sky HD box and a Home Theater PC.

Regards,

Spoinster

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
It sounds like a signal problem to me - could be that the QED switch is having problems driving 5m of cable, or the output from the Panasonic may be marginal. Given that I've run a 15 length of the Chord cable from source to TV in the past, and that the other sources seem to work fine, I doubt that 5m run is what's causing the problem.

You could do a web search for HDMI signal booster, and you'll find a number of boxes for about £30 that might cure the problem, but I'd also suggest you drop a line to Chord's Cable Doctor and see whether the company has any ideas...

A

Anonymous

Thanks again andrew,

Am I right in thinking an amp that doe sthe switching also boosts the signal as well then?

I'm thinking of upgrading the Arcam but was wating for them to bring out a new mp that does HD udio decoding. I've seen that they released the avr-600 but that's 2750 quid!!! I'm a keen home cinema fan but 2750 is a bot steep. Are you guys goin gto be reviewing this amp soon?

Also then are you aware of Arcam releasing a new cinema amp around the 1500 quid mark? I suppose what I'm saying is if you had 1500 to spend on a cinema amp what would you go for. I bought the arcam avr300 because I do listen to CD's quite a bit so wanted a muscial amp as wel which I have to say the avr 300 is very good altho a little oldish now. I have a Arcam cd 73t so are the new Pioneer and Yamaha amps at this price point any good for music or shoudl I wait for arcam?

Lots of questions I know.

Thanks again,

Spoinster

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts