QED HDMI cable differences?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Can anyone tell me the difference between QED's QUNEX HDMI-P 1M cable that sells for around £17.99 and the QED NEW PERFORMANCE HDMI-P 1M cable that sells for around £40? They seem to be the same although the more expensive seems to be a newer version of the cheaper one.

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Andy H:I've just got 2x of the older cable and they are brill for the money. Don't think the new ones justify the extra outlay.

Agreed. If the old one was, say, a fiver, or maybe a tenner less, I may well push for the newer version. But with the current £18 for 1m. I'd go for the older one every time (and did!)

A

Anonymous

Any pointers as to where I can find one for £17.99?

Thanks

Big Chris

Apr 3, 2008
Visit site
Just make sure 1m is long enough.

I have 1m length from BD to my Onkyo, and another 1m from my BT Vision to my Onkyo, but a 2m length from my Onkyo to my TV.

A

Anonymous

The main difference is the conductor size, It has been slightly increased. Whether this justifies price difference is a matter of opinion. There are also obvious changes such as the new plug design to fit in with the new 'performance' range.

The new conductor will certainly help the cable maintain 1080p over longer lengths as the old model struggled with even 5m on some systems

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts