QD OLED vs OLED: which is the best TV technology?

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Think i notice Hisense or TCL have not got Quantum tech lets be honest it just a name to get guys to buy a new TV . How much better is this tech ? well unless it is at least 70 inch screen now a lot difference . And remember guys you probably looking at that screen 4meters away , from the TV . Another question yes there is 4k Blu ray DVDs and downloads now but nothing on 8k . Also look at the "Hz" the higher the better , 60 hz make no difference unless it is 200hz or more . Then the price zooms up . And why do guys put a screen on the wall. I never worked that one out . why such a big screen too ? In the real world of Sky TV and ITV/BBC those screens that size not going to make much difference at all . so are the QLED vs OLED vs Quantum worth all the trouble and money ? If someone wishes to throw £2 k on something i am sure there are better things than a TV oh yes your electricity bill which to me is far more important

kidd

Nov 14, 2022
Visit site
Think i notice Hisense or TCL have not got Quantum tech lets be honest it just a name to get guys to buy a new TV . How much better is this tech ? well unless it is at least 70 inch screen now a lot difference . And remember guys you probably looking at that screen 4meters away , from the TV . Another question yes there is 4k Blu ray DVDs and downloads now but nothing on 8k . Also look at the "Hz" the higher the better , 60 hz make no difference unless it is 200hz or more . Then the price zooms up . And why do guys put a screen on the wall. I never worked that one out . why such a big screen too ? In the real world of Sky TV and ITV/BBC those screens that size not going to make much difference at all . so are the QLED vs OLED vs Quantum worth all the trouble and money ? If someone wishes to throw £2 k on something i am sure there are better things than a TV oh yes your electricity bill which to me is far more important
This showed up at the bottom of a qd-oled article, and was bizarrely incoherent rambling, was it satire?

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Satire is spending over |£1000 on a TV that be out of date in 2 /3 years why does that TV ie 70 has to be on a wall anyway ( because it is too big to be put any where else There are a number of does and donts about where to put such large TVs 1. do not put it under a heater ( the amount of times i seen this , under neath a rad ) 2 . do not put it on a cold wall for the opposite reason cold can kill a Tv.3 modern walls ( ie hollow walls that do not have a solid brick behind it . But you guys like to keep up with the "Jones family next door " oh they go a big tv , i must buy one , they bought a new car its electric Does it really matter what the next door neighbour has bought ? The problem is that the ideal size for a TV is 50/55 inches and most decent £300 will suffice (TCL Hisense) But the minute go above that size the quality of the picture drops hence having to spend silly money on a TV . My mates 70 inch plus TV looks great until he told me how much he paid £2000 and the fact he has a very large 20 ft lounge too and where the TV has been put . On a wall next to the radiator So they watch the tv quite a long distance away . Sop why did he not get a 50 and put it in the middle of the lounge ( where the previous tv was. (50 inch Sony ). Well his answer surprised me . Next door neighbour has his 75 on his wall. Follow like sheep is the words ! I had to laugh. He realised he made a huge mistake and told the company to to take it back ( they did) having had the TV for less than a week . he bought something more sensible he still had the old 2year old Sony. . Put that in the spare lounge and bought a new (like me ) a TCL P50 . And saved £1500 Still has a few holes in his wall

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts