Q Acoustics 3000 Stands - Dimensions & Alternatives

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Hi , I bought some Q Acoustics 3020 Speakers and currently have them on some unbranded speaker stands. I would be happy enough with the stands, if the top plate wasnt too big (and i don't see how you could change this)... I was therefore going to buy the Q3000 stands, but upon looking at photos , they seem made ONLY to fit these speakers , thus ruling out using thse stands, for other speakers, later down the line...

What is the size of the top plate of the Q3000 stands, so i can track down another stand with as close as possible to the Q acoustic dimensions, but with a FLAT 'universal' top plate, so i can change speakers if required.....

I don't want to spead more than £100... I m currently looking at Fisual Dynami or some old Atacama stands.. the top plates seem a little wide on the Fisual's, hence the need to get the Q Acoustic dimensions for comparison.

insider9

Get a solid pair of Atacama SE24 or similar and forget about stands. As long as you can live with what they look like you won't need anything better. Best part is if you get them second hand locally they can go for as little as £20.

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
These are brutal. *biggrin* The OH already doesnt like the stands i already have.! I'd also like to not have a tray to set the speaker on.. THe ones i have look fairly poor as the plate is larger than the footprint of the speaker.

macdiddy

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Fisual-Dynami-Speaker-Stands-600mm-Gloss-Black/dp/B01FG0AKF8/ref=sr_1_24?ie=UTF8&qid=1506609987&sr=8-24&keywords=speaker+stands

I think the top plate is just the perfect size for your speakers.

*dance4*

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
They would seem to be suitable.. I think the 'plate' is 16.5cm wide. I just wanted a measuremnt from the q Acoustiics, as confirmation.. The closer i can get to the 'actual' measurements, for the stand that was intended. , the better.

insider9

thepointmisser said:
These are brutal. *biggrin* The OH already doesnt like the stands i already have.!  I'd also like to not have a tray to set the speaker on.. THe ones i have  look fairly poor as the plate is larger than the footprint of the speaker.
Haha, yes but they work so well :)

Whatever you buy look to have an option to have them filled if necessary.

grimharry

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
insider9 said:
Get a solid pair of Atacama SE24 or similar and forget about stands. As long as you can live with what they look like you won't need anything better. Best part is if you get them second hand locally they can go for as little as £20.

Please don’t recommend se24 stands as I’m trying to get a cheap pair off fleabay and I don’t need the competition *biggrin*

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
Well i measured the top plate on my current stands.. Its roughly 17cm.. The footprint of the speakers is probably about 11cm due to the curvature of the case. So i'd be looking at nothing wider than 11cm or so.

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
I think the Fisual Dynami would arguably be THE best compromise. The speakers are to be positioned beside a sideboard and the Fisual's are 600cm high.. The OH likes the height of the ones i already have which are 500mm, so Atacama Estilo is the best i can find as far as a small top plate and a branded stand is concerned.. I dont think they will be more than few mil wider than the speaker base, and length wise, they are a bit awkward, as the plate is just slightly too short to have all four speaker feet on the plate, so i'll probaby put them on felt feet..

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Are these any good...possibly a touch low? I have some LS50s on them, but have a height restriction.

https://www.richersounds.com/soundstyle-z2-stand-blk.html

chelstondave

May 23, 2010
Visit site
They have upcurved raised edges on the top plates to match the speakers. I have used them with other speakers set on the raised edges and they were fine. The stands come with two top plates to match the 3020s and 3010s

thepointmisser

Sep 16, 2015
Visit site
"Are these any good...possibly a touch low? I have some LS50s on them, but have a height restriction."

https://www.richersounds.com/soundstyle-z2-stand-blk.html

- These are virtually identical in top plate size to the Atacama Estilo, but they only have one post, so the Atacama wins only becasue of this!

"The atacama moseco 6 have quite a small top plate and are aesthetically pleasing for waf...although They're slightly over that 100 quid budget...."

- Yeah, same top plate size as Estilo, but Estilo cheaper @ £79 all in. (Although Moseco look good)

"I have these stands

They have upcurved raised edges on the top plates to match the speakers. I have used them with other speakers "

- Interesting chelstondave. This is something i was trying to understand.. I might buy the Q Acoustics stands as they're 'only' £99 on Amazon. The Estilos are only £20 less.

- I was just thinking about the use of the stands in future, should the speakers die..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts