q acoustic 2050i

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
Just read the review on the 2050i but wanted to know if they are much better than the 2050 as ive seen the 2050 for a mere 275 in gloss black thanks

Hello audioaddict,

A pair of gloss black Q Acoustics 2050 loudspeakers for only £275 must be the bargain of the year!

However, the new 2050i is indeed rather a lot better. All the drive units are improved (which means we had to change the crossover as well). The tweeter also benefits from the ‘high frequency de-coupler’ which isolates it from cabinet resonances. Not mentioned in the press release, is that the cabinet also receives improved internal bracing. Every one of these enhancements helps to improve the dynamic range and transient response and also reduces distortion.

To be frank, the only thing that is the same is the general appearance. Really this is a completely new speaker that is simply disguised to look like the older model. :)

best regards,

Steve Reichert, PR Manager - Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

Blackdawn said:
Out of interest, which budget amp would go best with the Q Acoustics 2050i speakers?

Hello Blackdawn,

My suggestions would be the Marantz 6004 or the NAD C326BEE. I used the latter to run in the pair that were subsequently sent in to WHF for the review - and the combination sounded rather lovely :)

best regards

Steve Reichert - PR Manager, Armour Home (Q Acoustics)

audioaddict

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
thinking about tinkering moon yeah as im looking for a braoder deeper soundstage without spending a fortune. the only thing is ive just recently moved my speakers right out from the rear wall and the whole system has been transformed i mean as you probably know only too well my rs1 are not the deepest speakers around but no they sound deep smooth and detailed so ironically, now ive seen the 2050i get a five star rating, after 4 years my system at last sounds like the amount i paid for it ... so what do i do ? go for the bigger sound or keep my system as it is so as not to unsettle the lovely balanced sound ive acheived.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts