Q acosutics 3050i experience and advise

Foxley

May 5, 2021
Visit site
I have a pair of Q acoustics 3050i floorstanders matched to a Marantz PM7000N.
My room is about 7 metres x 5 and the speakers are more or less at the centre of the longer side of the room. I am free to move them well away from the back wall so I have tested them in many different positions.
I am not carried away by their sound. I had other Q acoustics and I bought them blind but these seem to lack weight and depth. I would say that their sound is kind of thin, a bit flat. On high definition recording of jazz music they are ok but other music is just flat (any pop, rock in particular...)
I have also tried them with a subwoofer. There is improvement but what is lacking is not the very deep end it is actually the mid to low! That is what makes them sound thin.
I have other systems with Focal, Quad and Tannoy speakers but unfortunately in other homes and I cannot test them in comparison but Focal (Chorus 816) and Tannoy definitely have more body.
Different rooms sound differently but I dare to say that this is not the reason.
Marantz should not have a thin sound so I have come to the conclusion that it must be these 3050i

Any comments through experience with these speakers?

One key point: I want speakers that have a decent presence also playing at reasonably low volumes.

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Are they biwired? If not make sure the jumpers are in place

Edit- the i model doesn't have bi wire capabilities so scrap that idea

I'm surprised with you're issues. Not saying you should like them but thin sounding is not something you usually hear about q acoustics

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears

TRENDING THREADS