Pushing it...

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Reijer

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
We're happy that we moved to another house this summer.

From a wood framing to a concrete and brickwall house so we can push the speakers to new levels. With some clever staging (not to to the wall to the neighbors but to an inner wall to the garage) we can enjoy to the max (85 dB is no problem). Even when the lady of the house is going to bed, there is no problem playing louder levens.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Just been looking around the internet about noise pollution

all the law says is that you not allowed to have loud music between 11pm and 7am in the U.K.

But most people live in a modern house with plaster board wall between you and the nabour so noise can be heard more clearly a specially bass pollution .

so I've just downloaded a SPL app to measure my normal vol levels which can be between 65db to 75db and this is if the app I've got is accurate .

but I could not find a Db level the law says you can have your hifi set at only the 11pm - 7am law . So what's the law in the day time ?

can anyone add to this

Daz B

Mar 10, 2010
Visit site
We love in a end terrace and I have the box room for my listening pleasure. It's nice to crank up the volume especially when your football team get beaten. Just a great way to forget about the result.

Daz B said:
We love in a end terrace and I have the box room for my listening pleasure. It's nice to crank up the volume especially when your football team get beaten. Just a great way to forget about the result.
we pulled off a great win today (Barnsley) .. i decided to take the Mrs out for a bite therefor missing the match on sky, checked the score at half time (losing 1-0) got in the car to come home and slyley put radio on whoop! winning 2-1. it was 3-1 before we got home (5 min drive) so i put it on to watch the remainder.. yikes its 3-2... watching the last fifteen mins was agony!

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
Daz B said:
we pulled off a great win today (Barnsley) .. i decided to take the Mrs out for a bite therefor missing the match on sky, checked the score at half time (losing 1-0) got in the car to come home and slyley put radio on whoop! winning 2-1. it was 3-1 before we got home (5 min drive) so i put it on to watch the remainder.. yikes its 3-2... watching the last fifteen mins was agony!

...because it was so loud?

insider9

bigfish786 said:
Daz B said:

Interesting and well done to Barnsley. Would it be that you're the closest to me out of all forum members? I'm just off junction 31 of M1.

insider9 said:
bigfish786 said:
Daz B said:

Interesting and well done to Barnsley. Would it be that you're the closest to me out of all forum members? I'm just off junction 31 of M1.
I could well be!

insider9

bigfish786 said:
insider9 said:
bigfish786 said:
Daz B said:

I could well be!

Good to know :)

jonathanRD

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
bigfish786 said:
ever so slightly fell off the wagon this weekend after 19 bone dry alcohol free days.

Friday night was very enjoyable.. the beer flowed, the volume slowly crept up, all was good with the world. saturday was a chill out day, alcohol free, but plenty of music, and lots of vinyl. very enjoyable.

this evening, the beer is flowing once again, the music has been on for 3 hours or more. the Vinyl of choice right now is Pearl Jam-Ten. The Mrs and I sat together engoying a wonderful sunday together.

that volume control is still creeping up, and the night is still young. the lack of neighbours has been a joy this weekend. if i had the funds i'd buy the house next door, just for the nights like these!

I think I will join you! - although only in spirit, as it would take me about 3 hours to drive to Barnsley and by then you would have drunk all the beer! Enjoy *drinks*

ever so slightly fell off the wagon this weekend after 19 bone dry alcohol free days.

Friday night was very enjoyable.. the beer flowed, the volume slowly crept up, all was good with the world. saturday was a chill out day, alcohol free, but plenty of music, and lots of vinyl. very enjoyable.

this evening, the beer is flowing once again, the music has been on for 3 hours or more. the Vinyl of choice right now is Pearl Jam-Ten. The Mrs and I sat together enjoying a wonderful sunday together.

that volume control is still creeping up, and the night is still young. the lack of neighbours has been a joy this weekend. if i had the funds i'd buy the house next door, just for the nights like these!

D

Deleted member 108165

Remember bigfish, booze and styli don't mix so stick with CD playback.

D

Deleted member 108165

Al ears said:
With this I can concur. Anyone want a dead Zyx R100 low-output MC cartridge minus cantilever????

Sorry to hear that Al. I don't need any imbibing to assist with the destruction of a stylus, I can easily trash one when stone cold sober!!

Fortunately this was at the beginning of my vinyl foray, I haven't trashed one for about two years... fingers crossed for the future.

DougK said:
Al ears said:
With this I can concur. Anyone want a dead Zyx R100 low-output MC cartridge minus cantilever????

Sorry to hear that Al. I don't need any imbibing to assist with the destruction of a stylus, I can easily trash one when stone cold sober!!

Fortunately this was at the beginning of my vinyl foray, I haven't trashed one for about two years... fingers crossed for the future.

Fingers crossed indeed. I might have understood my error a bit more if I had finished the whole bottle but was only on my first glass. Bottle was eventually finished as a commisuration.... :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts