PureAV Home Theatre Power Console PF60 ?

A

Anonymous

Anyone know what they do? Do they work, or is it just a fancy 10.00 surge protector?

Cheers.

Sorry to bump just debating to cancel order, if its not going to do anything.

It's a 10 socket surge and mains filter, something like Tacima CS929 but in a more fancy box. It has the ability to program the switched outlets, a trigger out capability, beautiful looks and solid construction. It also allegedly makes your video look better, and your audio sound cleaner, if you have 'dirty electricity' in your area.

Not a bad deal for £40.

A

Anonymous

Really appreciate it.

My house has just been re-wired, not sure about dirty electricity in the area though, my lights dim sometimes, but very rare.

Is this another £1.00 HDMI vs £200.00 HDMI thing, its not proven and big arguments on wether they work or see an improvment or not?

Thanks again bigboss

Well the guys say that Tacima is a 5 star and most people say they can see and hear a difference.

Time will tell I guess, If not I got a 40.00 talking piece, will just say its £250.00
emotion-5.gif

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
I got my order in straight away thanks for the ups CANADA 6. For 45quid with delivery this should be a steel. It also has a designated socket for AV RECEIVER with upped power volt or no loss of power which most conditionors dont seem to have, Hopefully all is better on PQ and SQ fingers crossed.

michael hoy

canada16:
http://accessories.euro.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=uk&l=en&s=bsd&sku=A1208116&cs=ukbsdt1&dgc=SS&cid=41148&lid=1069637&acd=23975883724507179

Found one of these for 40.00 new. , what are they, do I need one with my specs?

Cheers

Mine arrived today, all I can say is it's a monster, it is bigger than my amp and not sure if it will fit comfortably in my cabinet.

Plugged it into the mains just to make sure it works, voltage went up and down from 249.1 to 251.5.

Will post once I have it connected.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Just opening mine as it come today OMG this thing looks like it could power a nucular reactor or iron man 1 and 2 ,the size is bigger than av receiver very scared to plug anything into it, will report back if im still alive after switch on. Mine is the PF50 not the PF60 ????

grifz:Just opening mine as it come today OMG this thing looks like it could power a nucular reactor or iron man 1 and 2 ,the size is bigger than av receiver very scared to plug anything into it, will report back if im still alive after switch on. Mine is the PF50 not the PF60 ????

Looks like you've received the old version. Contact your retailer.

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the ups on other forums about all receiving PF50 will look into and seek advice if its still worth keeping or flirting back, It still seems a good piece off kit but im no expert by far . Cheers

grifz

Jan 3, 2010
Visit site
Will be keeping my PF50. On quick test can tell the difference in surround sound instantly when on blu ray even at low volumes as its nice and late. Not tryed music . PQ blacks, maybe i understand what everyone goes on about now as they are!! errr more black ? although doesnt seem to be a massive improvement on PQ only tryed one blu ray cos of time . Still it seems one mean beast im very happy with, bring on -15 volume 2mos avit 45smacker lifetime guaratee bargin upto now fingerscrossed

A

Anonymous

Yeh got mine as well and its a PF50.

For some reason the PF50 are going for a bit more than the PF60.

Oh well looks like there is no difference, and it was BNIB, I cant be bothered to moan at the company for £45.00, for something that is selling for over £200.00 everywere else. And they will just say return it anyway.

Its is a beast of a thing, I agree.

A

Anonymous

Hey

I got this on the Bigoffers sale for 45.00 delivered, I dont know what I
am doing or what should be plugged into the back, its got co-ax for the
Sky in the back, but cant see how that is going to work.

They advertised the PF60 but sent everyone the PF50, Which I belive is
the older model, which I am not happy about.

Is it worth keeping, or just return it, I am not sure if its worth the
money, and also its so so big, its bigger than my Amp.

Someone gave some advice, but wanted to know the general advice, because I got to take everything apart and move things around, just to accomadate this massive box.

Thanks guys

michael hoy

canada16:
Hey

I got this on the Bigoffers sale for 45.00 delivered, I dont know what I
am doing or what should be plugged into the back, its got co-ax for the
Sky in the back, but cant see how that is going to work.

They advertised the PF60 but sent everyone the PF50, Which I belive is
the older model, which I am not happy about.

Is it worth keeping, or just return it, I am not sure if its worth the
money, and also its so so big, its bigger than my Amp.

Someone gave some advice, but wanted to know the general advice, because I got to take everything apart and move things around, just to accomadate this massive box.

Thanks guys

Hi,

I contacted the company, they said all the PF60 models sold out and that is why the PF50 was sent instead, they gave me a choice of keeping it or returning for a full refund.

At this price I have kept it, it has now been installed for a couple of days and I have notice a difference in the sound from my receiver.

The voices and instruments are a lot clearer, well worth the money.

I did notice someone selling four of these on fleabay for about £149.00.

A

Anonymous

I did notice someone selling four of these on fleabay for about £149.00.
emotion-2.gif

I am going to give it a go, now to figure out, what goes were, and the joy of cleaning out the cables as they are probably in knots..

Do you think a homeplug would go into this, or no?

michael hoy

It took me 4 hours to move equipment and re site cables, good way to have a spring clean and tidy up.

The home plug - I would guess they answer to be no, but I have never used one maybe someone else will answer that one.

The PF50 is not hard to set up, there is a dedicated socket to plug your Amp into, banks 1 and 2 for devices like SKY box Video recorders etc.

Let me know how you get on.

A

Anonymous

Manual says every plug has got to be hooked up direct.

I will have a beer and play around when the girls go to bed tomorrow, that will give me 3 hours, until the wife comes home and looks at me strange while all the wires are all over the house..... AGAIN!

LOL

A

Anonymous

Oh maybe thats what I saw, thought it meant, the electronic devices had to be pluged directly into it.

Sorry

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts