Pure Avanti Flow knowledge

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Seriously thinking of an Avanti mainly to hear world radio. Never used iPod or internet radio. Know very little about set-up,but see Pure have info to down-load. Have wireless modem working fine, and radio would be within 2 metres. Does such a radio need to use Pure's 'The Lounge' set-up ? I see webs listed that appear to do the same thing; is this so ? Altho' seems would be better to use Pure's. Have read reviews of Avanti. Replies to above, comments of Avanti, appreciated. Cuddy

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
I've had my Avanti Flow for about 3 months now and think it is an outstanding piece of kit for the price. A very smooth and engaging sound from such a small box cannot have been easy to achieve and the downward firing sub woofer gives it real presence (particularly if you listen to an internet radio station which streams at 320 kbps).

Connecting an Avanti to your wireless network is pretty straight forward as long as you know the name of your wireless network and the password (if you've enabled security)

You have to create an account on The Lounge and register your radio with your account so all the stations you select are then displayed on your radio.

If the particular station you want to listen to isn't listed on The Lounge you can create a custom station yourself, you just need to know the URL for the station.

I've only used my iPod dock once to test it worked. I've installed the Flowserver Media Server app on my PC and stream my iTunes library from my PC.

Another feature I like is the remote control is wi-fi and not infra red so you can change channel/volume etc. from another room.

The Avanti Flow thoroughly deserves all the excellent reviews and recommendations it has received IMHO. I got mine from Amazon for £220 but see it has now gone up to £230 but that is still a steal.

A

Anonymous

Thank you Scissor for replying and useful information; am saving it. I've just about decided to buy the Avanti. Going to hear it when possible to travel 20 miles. Cuddy.

A

Anonymous

Hi Scissor Digits,

I've just bought one of these and I am very happy with it, however I just can't get my iTunes library to stream through the Flow Server. I'd be really grateful if you could reply with the steps you took during the set up so I can try again at home. It seems to always find the few tracks that Windows Media Player has in it, but not the iTunes library.

I realise it's probably something I have/haven't done! All help gratefully received. The help section in Pure's website just says you can stream the iTunes library but no specific info on how.

Thanks

Neilmate

Scissor_digits

Dec 16, 2003
Visit site
mrk987:I've just about decided to buy the Avanti.

Unless your living room is the size of the Albert Hall you would not regret it. The Avanti works best in small to medium sized rooms.

Also, after the latest over air firmware upgrade the time taken to buffer then play internet stations has gone down by more than 50% This used to be my main moan as the time taken to buffer an internet channel when you changed took an age.

I'm a child of the 80's, my favorite internet station is Kick

A

Anonymous

Well that looks very helpful - I'll give that a go!

Thanks very much :)

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts