Purchase price of an AV/ Receiver

FROGIT

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
Can anybody explain why there is drastict price reductions on certain equipment in certain stores ?

Yesterday I purchased the Sony STR-DA1200ES AV/ receiver from SUPERFI store at a certain price, when I visited a Sony Centre store the same receiver was £100 dearer.

I find this astonishing there is such difference. Richer Sounds price was the same as Superfi store but they had a delivery charge attached to the price.

Regards :- FROGIT

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
Hi Frogit,

Sony Centres seem to be about the priciest place to buy Sony kit - protects the brand's image as a premium one, I guess. Elements of integration advice/after-sales support in that price as well, one assumes.

Sony Centres also get back-up from Sony, so are probably under slightly less pressure to rack up the numbers - the rival retailers are simply choosing to take less margin with the aim of selling more stock.

Add the fact that it's a tough market out there, with a hot batch of 2007 receivers just coming out, and it's a buyer's market right now. Congrats on your deal - it's an excellent receiver.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts