Pulling my hair out !!.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Ok I need a pooter Geek and talk to me like I'm an alien as I'm rubbish when it comes to going into the scary bits on my computer.

Right here we go. A couple of days ago I opened my tab for another forum I use and got a picture on screen with the forums name on it , not what I expected , strange !!. Then,after a couple of close tab / open tab attempts the home page returned to normal , all good so I thought.

Since then the tab will open no problems , with the correct home page but when I reload I get 'oops google cant find blah blah blah'.

I have gone through Chromes suggestions to stop this , clear cache etc etc , to no avail. I have tried an incognito window ,nope. Tried firefox ,nope.

No problems with whathifi or any other forums I have tabbed.

Ran a thorough scan last night which took yonks but came up with nowt.

Any ideas whats going on here fellas.

Ta floyd.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
What's the address of the website in question, it may not be a problem at your end? Getting a "picture on screen with the forum's name on it" doesn't sound like anything Chrome would do (I've certainly never seen that on mine).

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Yeah as I say really strange . It was a picture of a smiling bird with hifiwigwam on it !!.

www.hifiwigwam.com.

It loaded a few minutes ago , reloaded as its always busy with new stuff , Ooops yet again .

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Nope !. Got oops yet again. This is really odd as it loaded from my tab a couple of mins ago did a reload and oops yet again. Did a search on google for the wam ,clicked that , it loaded up clicked reload ,oops !.

Sometimes it will reload two or three times then I get that flippin oops. I've just read on tinterweb I could have a corrupted host thingy in my computer ,out of my depth here I'm afraid.

michael hoy

floyd droid said:
Nope !. Got oops yet again. This is really odd as it loaded from my tab a couple of mins ago did a reload and oops yet again. Did a search on google for the wam ,clicked that , it loaded up clicked reload ,oops !.

Sometimes it will reload two or three times then I get that flippin oops. I've just read on tinterweb I could have a corrupted host thingy in my computer ,out of my depth here I'm afraid.

Can you connect to other sites OK or is it just this one.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:
floyd droid said:
Yeah as I say really strange . It was a picture of a smiling bird with hifiwigwam on it !!.

www.hifiwigwam.com.

It loaded a few minutes ago , reloaded as its always busy with new stuff , Ooops yet again .

Hi can you re check your link, the one you posted has a dot after the name - can't find the server at www.hifiwigwam.com. .

try this link - http://www.hifiwigwam.com

Actually there's no issue with a . (dot) at the end of a web address, . (dot) is in fact the highest level domain, com and the like are sub-domains of . (dot). It (dot) should be included on EVERY web address but browsers simply assume the . (dot) to avoid people having to add it.

The problem with link posted is in fact because there's a space included at the end of the link, take that off but leave the . (dot) and it works fine.

floyd droid

Sep 5, 2008
Visit site
Thanks for having a look mate. It loaded up around an hr ago so I left it be. Just reloaded ,lol.

If it happens again I'm getting a geek in. A bit more web trawling is leaning towards an irritating little virus host file which some smart alec thought would be fun to do.

michael hoy

The_Lhc said:
michael hoy said:
floyd droid said:

www.hifiwigwam.com.

Hi can you re check your link, the one you posted has a dot after the name - can't find the server at www.hifiwigwam.com. .

try this link - http://www.hifiwigwam.com

Actually there's no issue with a . (dot) at the end of a web address, . (dot) is in fact the highest level domain, com and the like are sub-domains of . (dot). It (dot) should be included on EVERY web address but browsers simply assume the . (dot) to avoid people having to add it.

The problem with link posted is in fact because there's a space included at the end of the link, take that off but leave the . (dot) and it works fine.

The link posted by the OP does not work if you click on it, remove the dot and it works.

I know it should work, just trying to eliminate the fault with the link and keep it simple.

I cannot replicate the OP's issue either.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
michael hoy said:
The link posted by the OP does not work if you click on it, remove the dot and it works.

I didn't remove the dot though, I just removed the space (the %20 on the end to be exact), the dot remained and it worked fine. It may possibly be browser dependant, although it shouldn't be.

TRENDING THREADS