PTFE TEFLON TAPE

russell salter

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
Apparently, PTFE insulation is desirable and necessary, in the battle against RFI and EMI, regarding Interconnects. Be that the case, why are we not wrapping headshells and headshell wires with PTFE tape ? Given the delicate MV signal.

russell salter

Mar 29, 2015
Visit site
If any of you had read my OP properly, you would have understood that it was a tongue-in -cheek question. Not a factual statement. But as usual, blinkered pedantisism takes over.

Gray

russell salter said:
If any of you had read my OP properly, you would have understood that it was a tongue-in -cheek question. Not a factual statement. But as usual, blinkered pedantisism takes over.

I didn't think for one minute you believed it. This is often a pedantic, sceptical and sarcastic forum though, best to get used that if you're gonna stay around.

insider9

russell salter said:
Seriously? Just tried to cancel my Amazon order but it's already dispatched.

spiny norman

Jan 14, 2009
Visit site
russell salter said:
Apparently, PTFE insulation is desirable and necessary, in the battle against RFI and EMI, regarding Interconnects.

"[font="Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif"]PTFE (Polytetrafluoroethylene) [/font][size="-1"] The combination of chemical and physical properties of PTFE is a consequence of its true fluorocarbon structure. This unusual structure leads to a material which has ... unsurpassed electrical properties, including low dielectric loss, low dielectric constant and high dielectric strength."[/size]

[font="Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif"][size="-1"]Sounds like a pretty sensible choice to me.[/font][/size]

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts