ps3 with an old AV amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is it possible to get a HD audio 5.1 analogue output from a PS3 so that I can use my old AV amp (Yamaha DSP A1) and still listen to the new sound formats. Or can I only get digital out and therefore decode only DTS or DD 5.1?

I've had a brief hunt on the web and can't find anything promising... anybody done this? know better?

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
Don't know of any such device - it would have to contain decoders, DACs and output stages, so might be quite expensive to do as a standalone box, which would presumably take an HDMI input and have six or eight analogue outputs.

A

Anonymous

So essentially what you're saying is : there exists a box that does this, and it's called "a new AV amp".

Or alternatively - just buy a "proper" HD player that has onboard decoding.

Sigh. Thought I'd come up with a wife friendly excuse to buy a PS-3 for a minute.

A

Anonymous

I'm equally as upset as I have a new housemate moving in soon and she's bringing a PS3 with her. It'll have to be the crappy optical connection then. So annoying! At the very least Sony could have put a coaxial digital connection on the PS3. Cheapskates. Booohoooohooooo. I'll have to buy a Tosh HD DVD player anyway it seems!

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts