PS3 Slim Review?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Does WHF S&V have any plans to review the PS3 Slim any time soon? Does anyone have any info on how good BD picture and sound quality is compared to the current PS3 and entry level Sony/Panasonic BD players?

A

Anonymous

Just read a US site and they have confirmed that the PS3 slim can bitstream Dolby digital hd and DTS MA and well as decoding it on board . They connected it to the Sony STR-DN100 reciever and it diplayed the relevant sound hd sound format on the reciever.

Clare Newsome

Jun 4, 2007
Visit site
We'll be receiving PS3 Slim review sample any day now - it'll certainly get tested alongside standalone Blu-ray players before we make our final Awards decisions. We'll try and get the review online ASAP, too.

A

Anonymous

Brilliant! Very keen to hear about this player! Could make a great Multimedia hub
emotion-1.gif

A

Anonymous

Thanks Clare. Can't wait for the Awards issue. I can feel the money burning a hole in my pocket already.

D.J.KRIME

Jun 28, 2007
Visit site
I can see why there is interest as to if the slim model can bit-stream all the HD codecs but I for one can not see why it should offer any improvement over the original (tho not as ugly) fat one.AFAIK it still uses the same graphics chipset which is core to PQ.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts