PS3 on 2011 panasonc plasma

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi all. Im planning on buying a new panny plasma in November, most likely the new TX-P42ST30 (if I can find one hopefully) or even the TX-P42GT30.

I would be planning to use it for movies, standard and Hi def TV, and quite common gaming sessions when I get a chance. Its also worth noting that Iv never owned a plasma before but Iv owned 2 LCDs (samsung and philips) which have done a satisfactory job for me.

However I have read on the internet from users that 30fps games lead to blurring or doube imaging on the new plasmas, which has obviously tightened my wallet a bit and got me a bit concerned. Is this a forgone conclusion meaning 30fps games are practically unplayable on the new plasmas, or is it just internet users making a potential problem seem worse than it is?

Id love some feedback form users that game on these panny plasma with 30fps games to see if this is a problem, hopefully without having to use any motion settings like IFC to mask the problem. Just incase you guys aren't familiar with 30fps games, Id say around 75% of games are 30fps nowadays. This would include games like uncharted 1/2/3, bfbc 1/2, resistance 3, fallout 3/new vegas, dead space, asaasin creed 1/2 etc etc. Games like COD and football games are 60fps so they are not an issue.

Thanks for any responses
smiley-smile.gif
It would be very much appreciated

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Complete and utter rubbish! I don't know where you got that info from but it couldn't be further from the truth as my panasonic 42GT30 has never had any issue with blurring or double images with any game that i own for my PS3, i own about 40 games and i've never encountered the problem even when playing online.

I've never used IFC to smooth out the image as you are then introducing lag to the tv and it is simply not necessary, the only thing i can think of is that perhaps some plasmas at the budget end of the market may have issues but i can confidently state that my plasma has no issues atall.

I own and play all of the games you mention except assasins creed and not one of them shows any signs of the issue, if anything games like unchartered, fallout, resistance and dead space have never looked as good as they do on my new plasma and the lack of lag is a real bonus when compared to lcd/led. I wouldn't worry about the story that you have read as it sounds like fiction to me and let's face it you have to take everything you read on the web with a pinch of salt, people are far more likely to complain than praise, that's the nature of the internet....come to think of it the same could be said of what i just said :rofl:

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the reply, its reassuring to hear a positive comment regarding this area. You would never buy a TV if you heard some of the way users talked on the internet. I presume the ST30 would have a similar image to the GT30 in this respect (no annoying blurring) but with with a slightly less good picture. The risk is less big if you spend less money if you get my drift. As long as when your playing a game nothing is wrong with the image that actualy distracts you from the game, ll be a very happy bunny. Plenty of great games coming out soon

A

Anonymous

http://www.avforums.com/forums/plasma-tvs/1455498-panasonic-2011-plasma-gaming-only.html

Heres the link that highlighted the potential problem to me, starting about half way down on page 1.

Bu its great to know you don't have this issue

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
IMO, don't use any processing when playing games, especially first person shooters. You want as little delay as possible.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
arpca690 said:
Thanks for the reply, its reassuring to hear a positive comment regarding this area. You would never buy a TV if you heard some of the way users talked on the internet. I presume the ST30 would have a similar image to the GT30 in this respect (no annoying blurring) but with with a slightly less good picture. The risk is less big if you spend less money if you get my drift. As long as when your playing a game nothing is wrong with the image that actualy distracts you from the game, ll be a very happy bunny. Plenty of great games coming out soon

I would say the ST30 will not suffer from the issues you highlighted but will obviously have a slightly inferior image when compared to the GT30 simply because of the extra quality of the screen. But either way i can't see the ST30 suffering from any blurring or double images that distracts from your gaming so i think you can buy in confidence.

I do understand exactly what you mean...less outlay equals less risk but to be completely honest it's alot less risky when buying a 2011 plasma when compared to one 5 years or so ago as the technology has advanced since then but do bear in mind some potential factors, plasma screens get HOT so ventilation is key, image retention can still be a problem especially when gaming for extended sessions and that the tv will need to have a run in period of at least 200 hours where you need to keep static images to an absolute minimum (game huds for example are a big no no!) or you risk damaging the screen.

Oh and any burnt image on the screen is not covered by warranty so be very careful for the initial run in period but after that you will be fine, it's just that with plasma tvs the pixels are at their most excitable in that first 200 hours or so and any long periods of static images risks leaving a permanent image on the screen. You may still get some mild image retention after this but just switch to tv for 5mins or so and it will clear, best to warn you before you purchase i'm sure you will agree?

So many games coming out between now and xmas that i simply don't have enough money to get all the ones i want, i wish games companies spread their releases out throughout the year alot more instead of just trying to cash in on the xmas market! The must buys for me are MW3, Battlefield 3, Unchartered 3 and the Ico HD collection the rest i will get when the prices tumble after xmas as is usually the case.

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Agreed. The game mode on panny plasmas turns off all the processing by default but the mode will need a little calibration as i found it overly bright with too much colour and contrast, don't use a calibration disc for this find a game in your collection that has brightness and contrast options such as Fifa and use that as game images are very different to movies and tv.

Lee H

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
Oldboy said:
Agreed. The game mode on panny plasmas turns off all the processing by default but the mode will need a little calibration as i found it overly bright with too much colour and contrast, don't use a calibration disc for this find a game in your collection that has brightness and contrast options such as Fifa and use that as game images are very different to movies and tv.

If I recall, KZ2 had a screen just for this in the options

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts