PS3 maximum album art size

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I've got my PS3 displaying album art via TVersity. When I'm scrolling through the music tracks, album art is displayed, irrespective of the image size.

However, when I play the track the album art is only displayed for certain image sizes. If it is small eg 200x200, then it works. If it is 600x600 (most of my album art is this size) then it doesn't.

A bit of a whizz on google hasn't turned up an answer. Does anyone happen to know?

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
Looks like this might be a TVersity issue. See here and here.

I would still be interested to know if anyone not using TVersity experiences any issues with album art on the PS3.

In the meantime, I'm upgrading to the latest version of TVersity.....something I hate doing cos it's always more fiddly than I would like (eg codecs dropping out, etc).

PJPro

Jan 21, 2008
Visit site
I've downloaded and installed the latest version of TVersity (1.0.0.8a). However, my images will still not display if the album art image size is over 100K. Still not sure if this is a Tversity or PS3 issue.

ianandyr

Sep 1, 2008
Visit site
Read this article pre-Xmas and wondered if it would affect me. It does.

I am running a DLNA media server on my Linkstation Live. Not sure what software is used.

Album Art up to around 300x300 is fine, anything above fails to display. I haven't done a detailed debug exercise so may be image sizeÿor file size.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts