PS3 HDMI Compatibility for BENQ PE7700

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I have just purchased a PS3 40 Gb, but cannot get it to display via the HDMI input on my Projector (BENQ PE7700). The BENQ is HD ready.
All the obvious trouble shooting solutions have been tried (Connections, cable, channel and 5 second reset on the PS3)When the PS3 is switched on, it must be outputting something, because it changes the purple background on the BENQ to a black one.It also recognises that a HDMI connection is available, because it asks me if I want to connect via it. Unfortunately I am still then left with a black screen.
The HDMI connection on the BENQ definitely works, as I use it for SKY HD.

Just to confuse things further, I have tried the PS3 on a HD ready plasma and it works fine!

Any help would be appreciated as SONY's help desk was less than useful - "People don't use them much on projectors."
Many Thanks DAH

A

Anonymous

Unfortunately I cannot get as far as changing the reslution in the HDMI settings as when I select the option I just get a blank screen.

My projector tells me that HDMI signal being sent (the black screen) is 576p.

VoodooDoctor

Sep 23, 2007
Visit site
Just did a search on AVForums and found that this has been reported before with your projector. Conclusion seemed to be a handshaking problem, which resolved itself spontaneously so no real cure offered. Have you got the latest Firmware upgrade? Tried switching both off at the wall and then starting up PJ first and then the PS3?

A

Anonymous

you say you did 5 second restart so not sure if this will help but when i swapped between sd and hd tv i held ps button for about 20-30 seconds to automatically find output

A

Anonymous

Thanks

Your reply encouraged me to persuade a couple of mates to bring their HDMI outputting devices round to test.

The BENQ only hand-shakes with two of the four tested!

Fortunately the warranty is pretty good on the BENQ so its off for repair tomorrow.

Cheers DAH

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts