PS3 - HD Soundtracks

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
Anyway to set the PS3 to automatically set to play hd soundtracks - was watching starship troopers last night and thought sounded pretty dull then when checked settings was not playing the hd soundtrack but plain dolby digital - changed it to the right one and was away!

Its the old Fat PS3 so no lights on my onkyo amp to check for speed makes me wonder if missed some of the others

Oldboy

Sep 13, 2007
Visit site
Hello matengawhat,

I'm afraid there is no setting on the PS3 to play the HD soundtrack automatically, i know how much of a pain it can be but there is an easier way to shortcut to the audio option rather than wade through the bluray menu trying to find the HD audio, just press the triangle button on the pad when the movie starts and select the 'Audio' option, from there you can cycle through all the audio options on the disc. Hope this helps, it's the easiest way to get straight to the HD audio.

Edit: you can also use the audio button on the remote for ps3 to access the same audio options.

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
I have to question your setup if it sounded 'dull'

Either your amps poor at decoding dolby digital or (Much more likely), your using the cheap cr*p mains cable that came with the PS3 (I have the original 60GB version and found by swopping to a 16 core braided cable made the PS3 sound FAR better)

matengawhat

Aug 17, 2007
Visit site
dull was prob a bad phrase just ment lacked impact - no womphhhhhhhhhhh

Also now in bigger room than used to be and also increased from 5.1 to 7.1 system and sill needs a little fine tuning on the 876 setup

I ran the auto set up but think my front l&rs need increasing slightly and center my fronts are all set to large even though i use the sub for the low stuff of my fronts (MA PL100s) and (MA PL150center) so might change to small and try that - have set the sub crossover to 120 in menu and then let amp set levels which could me a mistake

need to get in to menus and change as keep fiddling once films started - then turn off and all levels back to normal again

aliEnRIK:

I have to question your setup if it sounded 'dull'

Either your amps poor at decoding dolby digital or (Much more likely), your using the cheap cr*p mains cable that came with the PS3 (I have the original 60GB version and found by swopping to a 16 core braided cable made the PS3 sound FAR better)

The old PS3 doesn't bitstream audio, so the amps are not a problem. Also, the OP has mentioned that once he/she changed the settings on the PS3 manually, it improved the sound. So I don't think there's any problem with the setup.

TRENDING THREADS