PS 3 owners, crashing issues??

jase fox

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
A friend of mine owns a PS3, hes just recently started watching the new bond on bluray & it froze during chapter 7, he then took the disc out & put it back in again & it froze yet again in the same place but when he tried again it didnt freeze in the original place but it froze again about 10mins later.

Whilst we were discussing this he did mention that it had also frozen on the bluray chicken little & king kong , it had never frozen on chicken little the first time he watched it, does anybody know what the reason maybe for this? I must admit ive never heard of a PS3 freezing before as its always had a good reputation & this is more puzzling with it freezing on a title that never used to.

Would his PS3 be requiring firmware or would it just be in need of a good clean?

Or even more serious is it starting to pack up?

A

Anonymous

Try getting to the laser and cleaning it plus get the latest firmware, also check fingerprints little nicks on blu-ray discs as this could do it. Otherwise like 'aliEnRIK' said it could be on it's way out.

milesc

May 3, 2008
Visit site
This is what happened with me. Started to freeze on watching "close encounters of the third kind". Which i put down to the disc. Then slowly started with other Blu-Ray discs. Became impossible to watch any movie.

To be fair to Sony they did replace the PS3, even though it was 18 months old- with a reconditioned PS3.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts