Projectors, is it just a numbers game

2cool

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
Hi all, I have just treated myself to a new projector for christmas and have to say realy impressed.
I went for a Viewsonic PJD8210hd so 1080p 3d and thrown in was a pair of specs and a 3d movie.
But do higher numbers mean a better picture 3000 ansi and 15000:1 ect or is there more to it.

abacus

Theoretically yes. In practice no, as there is more than one part that makes up a picture, even 2 TVs with the same spec can look totally different depending on what the manufacture has focussed on, and projectors are no different, you just have to try a few out and see which one suits your eyes and budget.

As with all things AV (Hi Fi) never buy without trying or from reviews, always without exception try before you buy.

Enjoy your new projector

Bill

2cool

Sep 4, 2008
Visit site
thanks Bill, Its hard to try out things like projectors, tv's yes go into currys and they are all there for you to see but i find only a few high end shops display and demo projectors and then in turn they are not the budget end of the scale but as it happed this beamer is only £549 with glasses so i would love whf to review it.

TRENDING THREADS