Projector Help

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Hi Everyone, Would be really grateful in some help setting up a home cinema for keeping the kids happy in Lockdown. Ive bought a used Panasonic VW345N Projector which has been so far tested on my bedroom wall and works a treat,
I started to build a box for it in the 'surf shed' as can get a fairly large screen in there.
Ive gone and built it up in the roof and BEHIND where we are sat. Thats roughly 12ft away and projecting on a 120" screen. AM I better to ceiling mount it on the ceiling between us and the screen ? Would be a shorter throw at around 6ft ? Would it be a much better picture ?
I'll be connecting it up via HDMI to my faithful old Sony DAV-IS10 system for sound and picture.
Also I will only ever be watching movies not gaming or TV so should I use 239:1 ratio rather than 16:9

What do you think guys and gals ?

All help gratefully recieved! Thankyou!
Jamie x

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
I've had a search and found on the panasonic website a throw calculator.
For my projector and a screen size of 120" it seems to suggest 10.30 feet as a minimum ? In which case I'm about on the money.
What do you guys think ?
This is the tool I used

This also only gives me the option for 16:9 ratio (it mentions WXGA which is stamped on my projector) Does that mean it projects 16:9 and I shoudl build a 16:9 screen or should I still build a 239:1

More complicated than I thought haha!

Jun 3, 2020
Visit site
Hoorah! Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.
I'll build to 239 spec - Might hang the fabric from the frame and project a few films just to be sure.
That way I can comit to the width and decide on the drop once tested.
Really do appreciate that.
Jamie

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts