Question Project Debut Pro- counterweight pain

McThommo

Dec 6, 2020
Visit site
Loving the turntable but the tonearms counter balance weight is held on by very thin nylon and keeps falling off- getting very fed up with this and looking for solutions that dont look bad.

WayneKerr

Loving the turntable but the tonearms counter balance weight is held on by very thin nylon and keeps falling off- getting very fed up with this and looking for solutions that dont look bad.
Try this: Remove the item and place the looped end between your thumb and finger and squeeze sufficiently to flatten the loop, then re-fit... worked for me when I had a Project.

Last edited:
Reactions: Al ears and nopiano

WayneKerr

Just for future reference, the counterweight typically refers to the weight that balances the arm and applies the tracking force. The tiny weight on a nylon filament is the anti-skate ( or bias) weight.

Looks like a good tip from Doug, the voice of experience!
Spot-on, sir (y) Having owned this very deck myself I knew he meant the bias :) I can't take the credit for the tip as I had the same issue and googled possible remedies... it was someone else's idea, but worked for me :)

Reactions: nopiano and Gray

Rui

Mar 23, 2021
Visit site
i was ofered a year ago a turntable like this it looked good but very simple or Pro-ject sells the missing parts ,but it sounds worse than my first turntable from 1969 a PL-41 from pioneer using the original cartridge and substitution needle that i bought 5 in the 80´s when it become dificult to find one. the Pro-ject turntable i´m thinking of selling it for 20€ without cartridge ,i don´t like to deceive people,t i took the Ortofon cartridge that conected to a pioneer 1983 turntable sounds very good ,the PL-430 which i only start to use it 4 years ago , because i bought some good turntables in the last 50 years mainly from the 70´s only have this 83 pioneer i refer to, a thorens i bought in 82 and a thorens i bought in early 90´s that is just like the fine arts by Grundig "connoseur "or something like that, but instead of gold and black it´s silver and black, this to say i´m very sad about pro-ject turntables is snake oil type of deal ,everything is wrong on those turntables ,if i had life in me i would like to know how perfect they still are after 50 years of heavy use

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts