Product to isolate two components on same shelf?

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Is there a product that you can put in between two hi-fi components that have to sit on the same shelf of a hi-fi rack to give them some physical separation to aid ventilation? Some kind of special mat for example? If so, what is it called and where can I get it? Cheers !

A

Anonymous

I am not sure how good an idea it is, but what about just placing an isolation shelf between the two?

LINK

The above is suggested merely because it is the only one that I can find on Ebay at the moment... there are more available and other brands that make this product.

However maybe the same effect could be achieved with a piece of cut wood, which most independent hardware stores would be able to do quite cheaply for you. Other than that it is a new hi-fi shelving unit.

A

Anonymous

matthewpiano:Surely what you are suggesting would not aid ventilation but inhibit it??

Yeah, in all likelihood it would... I was thinking from a shielding point of view (skim read original question and forgot about the ventilation bit when answering)... most seperates, as we know, have the vents in the top and this is why I said that I did not think that it was a good idea... there are hi-fi shelves on legs, but the likelihood of those shelves fitting into an existing shelving unit is slim..

Bottom line is that I think that it would be better to keep to the one unit per shelf plan and if you have outgrown your current shelving set up, replace it.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts