Problems with wi-fi on my HTC Desire

Since this morning, my HTC Desire isn't connecting to my wi-fi network. My wife's phone. my laptop & Sonos, all are still connected. I haven't changed any settings on my phone or my router. I've also restarted my router, but no joy. My phone connects to BT openzone (created by my own router) but not my router directly. Any ideas as to what the problem might be?

A

Anonymous

Hi Bigboss,

I sometimes have the same problem. I've got a BT Homehub. My Desire is setup so that it should only connect with my home network but recently it's been trying to connect to BT Openzone or BT FON which means I can't get a connection to the internet through WiFi. Funnily enough, when I switched my phone on today, I had the BT Logo at the top of the screen trying to connect to BT Openzone. Nothing I've tried has cured this. Another problem I seem to be getting just now is when I setup my "Desktop" screen i.e. clock,date,messages,etc after a few days it disappears and I only get the clock. Strange. I know this doesn't answer your question but it's just to say that I think this problem could be more widespread than we think.

Kind Regards

Tartan Man
smiley-smile.gif

The way to get round your problem with wi-fi, is by long pressing "BT openzone" in wi-fi settings, & select "forget network". This is what I did when I faced the problem few months ago.

Your second problem is certainly strange.

A

Anonymous

Thanks Bigboss, I'll give that a try.

Kind Regards

Tartan Man

The_Lhc said:
Have you restarted the phone? Last resort would be a factory reset I guess, although I'd be loathe to do that personally.

Yes, the first thing I tried was restarting the phone, & clearing all cookies & cache. I think there's a problem with WEP, because my phone easily connects to BT Openzone created by my own router, & internet works fine that way. I don't know what to do about it; tried re-entering the password as well.

I would hate to factory reset the phone as well.

Dean65

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Any luck with the wifi yet ?

My HTC Legend has also stopped connecting to my homehub 2 this weekend! It keeps trying to obtain the IP address then disconnecting. I can also connect via the HH2 to the BT Fon and BT openzones. Also no problems with idevices or laptops connecting to HH2.

Tried restarting the HH2 and the phone.

A

Anonymous

Have u tried downloading another (free) wifi manager app and seeing if that cures the problem.

Dean65

Sep 24, 2008
Visit site
Hi bigboss,

Did you fix the problem with the HTC Desire? I have managed to reconnect my HTC Legend to my homehub 2 after finding out BT had "upgarded" the firmware on the hub. Using the following advice from the bt website has reset my HH2 with full wifi access.

"BTHomeHub to Settings/Advanced Settings/Wireless/Wireless Configuration, tech support noted that the "Wireless connection enabled" only had "Yes" (rather than the option to choose Yes or No).

To fix this, I was asked to do a System Reset (Settings/System/Reset (far right of the list of options)). This brought both Yes and No to the Wireless configuration options."

Hope this helps

Dean65 said:
Hi bigboss,

Did you fix the problem with the HTC Desire? I have managed to reconnect my HTC Legend to my homehub 2 after finding out BT had "upgarded" the firmware on the hub. Using the following advice from the bt website has reset my HH2 with full wifi access.

"BTHomeHub to Settings/Advanced Settings/Wireless/Wireless Configuration, tech support noted that the "Wireless connection enabled" only had "Yes" (rather than the option to choose Yes or No).

To fix this, I was asked to do a System Reset (Settings/System/Reset (far right of the list of options)). This brought both Yes and No to the Wireless configuration options."

Hope this helps

Thanks!! This worked for me as well!!!
smiley-laughing.gif

A

Anonymous

Hi Dean65,

I was going mad for the last 2 days with my HTC desire HD. Thanks for your post. solved my problem

@Bigboss: Do you have HTC desire Hd with android 2.2 version? I have seen in other forums that this problem can recur if you upgrade to android 2.3.3 (which was released last week)

A

Anonymous

Hi Dean65,

I was going mad for the last 2 days with my HTC desire HD. Thanks for your post. solved my problem

@Bigboss: Do you have HTC desire Hd with android 2.2 version? I have seen in other forums that this problem can recur if you upgrade to android 2.3.3 (which was released last week)

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
BB just has the standard Desire IIRC, with a Sensation on the way, be interested to see what he thinks of that.

Interesting comment about 2.3, I've got a vanilla DesireHD on 2.2, I've not seen any messages telling me there's an upgrade available.

Well, I was expecting it to be posted today for it to arrive tomorrow. I didn't hear anything until this afternoon when I emailed them asking about the progress. They simply replied: "You'll be notified via email once the handset is on the way". :(

TRENDING THREADS