Problems with sound

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hello everyone, i've recently moved back to the UK and am in the process of assembling a hi-fi to play my records. I need a little tech. help please before I go insane. I cannot seem to get any bass coming through the speakers. I am using a pre-amp.when I first plugged in the seperates the right speaker had a buzzing sound.I changed speaker wires and speakers.Still there. Plugged in the CD player to see if it may be my turntable.Sound came through without the buzz, though no bass. plugged the turntable back in no buzz this time though no bass.I wonder if it could be my phono leads? Ive been swapping them around,also they were just lying around in my stuff so not sure if they are faulty or not.The pre amp is new though the rest of the kit were bought second hand in good faith. Any suggestions?

In need of music

J

A

Anonymous

Hello Lhc and John. Thanks for the welcome!

the kit is as follows-

Turntable- Technics SL-BD22.

Pre-amp- B-Tech

Amp-Cambridge A1 Mk3 INT.AMP

CD Player- Pioneer PD-7500

Speakers-Kef Cresta 3 /Eltax Monitor III (Tried Both)

S.Cables-Cambridge with Nakamichi plugs/QED Balanced Design Concept (no plugs) (also tried both)

Phono leads - red/white generic

I tried the turntable first with pre amp and no CD player plugged in. I received a good sound through left speaker and buzz through right.After tried the CD Player. sound through both speakers (no buzz) though as if the bass was missing.Tried turntable again this time sound through both speakers (no buzz) but missing bass.

I purchased a new ground also for the turntable.

cheers for taking the time

Overdose

Feb 8, 2008
Visit site
Firstly, carefully check speaker connections are tight and correctly orientated and jumper leads are present if required.

Unplug the preamp from the integrated amp and try the cd player connected to different inputs. Try again, this time using a different interconnect.

This will possibly elliminate these items from the list.

Next, connect the preamp to the integrated amp and disconnect the CD player. Try the preamp in different input positions and again with a different interconnect. At this point, you will have a good idea where the problem lies and can decide what to do from here.

It's just a matter of making doubly sure your connections are sound and a process of elimination.

A

Anonymous

Hi Overdose, thanks for the help. Both turntable and CD player are coming through loud and clear. I had plugged the speaker cables into the higher of the red/white inputs at the back of the speakers.tried the lower and sound came through.

Everything working fine.

Fantastic Thanks alot and appreciate your time to help.

cheers!

TRENDING THREADS