problems with pioneer htp 200

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi there

Recently I have bought pioneer htp 200 kit with vsx520 sub.after few days of using it I noticed a weird sound coming from the sub.

At the end of each song when my laptop is connected i can hear humming for few seconds and then "click" similar to the sound when you switch the sub off.the same happens while watching tv and changing the channel or watching dvd or brd via hdmi.or constatntly watching one channel.funny thing is that today I had the whole kit replaced and its still the same.can someone please help me and tell me what can cause the problem?I have tried different cables but not theese expensive.Im really frustrated now and it is extremely annoying.

thanks for help.

A

Anonymous

Have you tried to calibrate your speakers again using setup mic?. Move any router, mobile or other wireless devices well away from sub/amp. If your wireless laptop is too close the Subwoofer/ amp it can cause interference due to WIFI or bluetooth, try turning those off then try a music from HDD.

Also you may want set the frequency of the subwoofer to 80hz. If you have asubwoofer pahse setting switch to opposite position then test, check sub pre out cable from your receiver.

As far as I know humming is caused due to incorrect frequency so often it is better to set up manually starting from 80hz. Please check the speakers setup if your spekers are set to 4ohm try 8ohm or vice versa. Another suggestion move subwoofer away from the amp or laptop if you can get longer sub cable.

Check the sound set up on PC to ensure no software enhancement is causing the humming as your Sub should do the work rather than the sound card. Failing all disconnect all cables and start over. I hope this helps. Thanks

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts