problems with Apple products

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
according to the news today Apple largest factory has closed because of COVID 19 What is worrying the work force has been locked inside the factory , again due to COVID 19 and no bonus been paid . This mean they cannot manufacture any mobile phones and tablets . Now what will happen to the 2023 models will the same happen to the 2020 models ? due to COVID 19 .? This will afect deliveries of all new models manufactured there. After seeing scenes on CNN of staff trying to escape from the factory . This risk is now that there be damage down by the workers to the plant itself. The report did mention that China will face a complete lockdown in many major cities . ( in fact there capital many parts ,has already closed to outside visitors . This was not the only report to come out of the Capital Both BBC and Sky had the same report.. Apple products will be in short supply throughout 2023. I suspect everything should be better in the spring time now. ?

I’m surprised there hasn’t been a backlash against Apple over their sourcing and the working conditions. And I don’t mean a few online rants but a massive one, that actually made an impact.

It probably doesn’t make sense to churn out laptops in California, but their obscene profits from hardware seem to come with a high price for many in the supply chain. I’d have thought they could take some moral high ground here, which might actually appeal to consumers. A bit like Fair Trade for electronics.

I say this as a happy consumer of their kit. iPads , iPhone and MacBook!

Reactions: WayneKerr

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Well see they pay bad wages and not only that lock the workers in, to force them to work and not allowed to go home. This time Apple has gone too far and yes the XXX Government too. I do relise there is a COVID outbreak but this is madness . What is Apple going to do about it ?

flashgordon1952

Dec 16, 2019
Visit site
Issue their managers with whips to boost productivity?
(Christmas is coming, they can't have slackers in the workforce).
sorry to say that is the last thing they should do pay better wages and conditions The problem is that there goods are sold cheaply because they pay little wages . Okay this is political But guys look at those products and see great value. ( no mention of any particular Country or company for that matter.. The world cup showed this up. in big letters. not my neighbour just bought the top of the range apple phone £1200 a year for the contract ie £100 a month). If you want good quality products at cheap prices it is as simple as that..

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts