Problem with my Moon amp!

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Hopefully someone can assure me that this can be sorted out relatively easily! I've had my amp for a couple of weeks now - bought off eBay - the previous owner stated that it was bought new 18 months ago. Everything has been perfect until this morning. The kids were watching tv and all of a sudden, the input switched from A4 (the fixed AV input) to A1 (the input I have for music). This caused a sudden silence in volume as the kids programme was in stereo. I have my Moon connected to the pre outs of my Sony AV receiver. I'm going to try and change inputs but this is not ideal as there is only the A4 input that can be fixed. Could this be something to do with the Sony even? Any ideas/info would be appreciated.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
Gerrardasnails:Hopefully someone can assure me that this can be sorted out relatively easily!

I've had my amp for a couple of weeks now - bought off eBay - the previous owner stated that it was bought new 18 months ago.

Everything has been perfect until this morning. The kids were watching tv and all of a sudden, the input switched from A4 (the fixed AV input) to A1 (the input I have for music). This caused a sudden silence in volume as the kids programme was in stereo. I have my Moon connected to the pre outs of my Sony AV receiver.

I'm going to try and change inputs but this is not ideal as there is only the A4 input that can be fixed. Could this be something to do with the Sony even? Any ideas/info would be appreciated.

I've just been reminded by my daughter that this happeneda month or so ago when I had my previous amp. Phew! So, I'm fairly sure it's the Sony that is the problem or maybe my Chord Chameleon Silver Plus interconnect needs a clean or something. Again, any thoughts?

A

Anonymous

A shot in the dark... was somebody using another remote control elsewhere in the house for another item, and maybe the RC signals are the same?

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
floyd droid:Not so much a shot in the dark as you may think Dr Shev.

Maybe true but I don't think it's that. It onlynhappebed a couple of more times today. I will unplug everything in the morning and wipe all connections clean and see how things go.

ESP2009

Feb 16, 2009
Visit site
Strikes a chord with me - I have discovered that the remote for our V+ box has, on occasion, an influence on my Primare amp. Now, I am familiar with the crossover between the Marantz and Audiolab hifi - remotes seemed pretty much interchangeable. But this is the first time I have ever experienced a remote from a non-hifi component operating a hifi component. So, every now and then, the V+ remote causes the Primare amp to go from standby to fully on. But this is not consistently so!
emotion-42.gif

A

Anonymous

I use the USB button on my CDP remote to increase the volume on the preamp. I also use the mute button to turn it on and off. There's a lot of cross over in these control codes.

Gerrardasnails

Sep 6, 2007
Visit site
igglebert:I use the USB button on my CDP remote to increase the volume on the preamp. I also use the mute button to turn it on and off. There's a lot of cross over in these control codes.

Thanks guys. I had turned the display off on the amp so that the volume only shows when it's turned up or down. I turned the display back on and I've not had the problem since. Weird.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts