Problem with Forums

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

John Duncan

chebby:
I am currently on Firefox on my XP Pro laptop. (Latest Firefox, latest SP3 updates)

Yes, my Firefox is cleared of all cookies/cache/temp files etc. automatically at the end of every session.

That URL was exactly what I got on a search for Primare (first word I thought of when you came to mind) at that time.

It works now but was a genuine error when I wrote earlier. (I don't have time to go around hordeing old URLs for failed forum searches!)

No, presumed not. I'll keep an eye on this in case we have a cacheing issue on our side (though how that could be I can't say).

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:
the_lhc:and I could telnet to port 80.

Do you watch a lot of Star Trek?

No! The cheek of it! Not any more anyway...

I work in UNIX, these things are "normal"!

the_lhc:although that might just be my imagination.

PlacidoDomingo
effect, probably...

Ba-dum-tish!

Andy Clough

Apr 27, 2004
Visit site
nads:
there are still problems with other parts of the site it seems

http://whathifi.com/errors/default.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/Video/Discover-networked-media/Vidcasts/Video/Discover-networked-media/Vidcasts/

Yes, unfortunately we are still getting more Error messages than we'd ideally like. A fix for this is going live tomorrow. In the meantime, if you do get an Error message, apologies - just clear your cache, refresh the page and that should fix it.

The_Lhc

Oct 16, 2008
Visit site
Andrew Everard:the_lhc:I work in UNIX, these things are "normal"!
I guess if you work in a trendy ladies' undies store, anything must seem normal...

No, I can only dream about working somewhere like that!

According to this court order anyway...

A

Anonymous

Andy Clough:
Morning folks

Apologies for those of you who tried to log on to the site after 7pm last night and couldn't do so - we had a major problem with the Forums part of the site, but this has now been fixed and is up and running again. So please rejoin us!

I found it wasn't just the forums part, but also any reviews, stories etc that weren't on main pages/searches.

Just saying incase that hadn't been spotted.

EDIT: Should read whole thread first!

Andrew Everard

May 30, 2007
Visit site
No, JD didn't break it - it managed to break itself all on its own! AFAIK Mr D is now struggling personfully, along with this colleagues, to find out what happened and work out ways of ensuring it doesn't happen again.

True Blue

Oct 18, 2008
Visit site
As usual with any computer/server etc the golden rule applies:-

1. cycle the on/off switch and away we go!!!!

Rule 2

If 1 doesn't work you are really stuck
emotion-5.gif

John Duncan

Andrew Everard:In this case, 1. seems to have worked.

It did indeed. And we have now included this step within our out of hours support process, which gives us time to investigate why it might have happened in the first place...

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts