Problem with CD

Coll

May 4, 2011
Visit site
I have recently purchased a CD which plays and sounds fine except for 1 track where it gets stuck and repeats over and over. The track is not critical as it is not something that I enjoy that much, but just want to know if this could damage the CD player.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
It shouldn't damage the CD player as it uses a laser beam, so no physical contact.

It's more important to see if it's a fault in the player or the CD....try playing on another player and see what happens. If it is a fault with the player, return/exchange/replace under warrenty (if poss) or if CD is the culprit, then replace that.

Cno

Mooly

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
If it's just one disc in your collection then it quite likely is an out of tolerance disc in some way. Some players are more tolerant than others and so even if it does play in another player it still doesn't neccessarily mean the disc is OK.

Have you examined the surfaces of the disc carefully... label side too.

BenLaw

Nov 21, 2010
Visit site
Definitely sounds like a scratch on the disc. Difficult to see how it would damage the CDP. While it's probably technically illegal, you could consider ripping the disc with error correction on and then burn onto a new CD, if you want to hear the disc without problems.

T

the record spot

Coll said:
I have recently purchased a CD which plays and sounds fine except for 1 track where it gets stuck and repeats over and over. The track is not critical as it is not something that I enjoy that much, but just want to know if this could damage the CD player.

Hi Coll - it won't damage you CD player. Return it to the retailer and ask for a replacement instead.
smiley-smile.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts