Problem between Denon 1907 amp and Sky HD Box

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Hi,

I've got a Denon 1907 amp. Up until recently everything was fine, but you know, as you do, I've messed with the amp!  All of a sudden something has happened with the sound from the Sky HD box to the amp.  This is only when sound is being transmitted via Dolby Digital.  I noticed this 1st when watching Predator on Sky Movies HD and there were gunshots that didn't sound like gunshots but sounded like a distant echo of gunshots.  At first I just thought it was something up with the movie.  But today I was watching ford super sunday and the intro music had the same problem, it sounds like a distant echo.  Now, I've messed about with the amp, the sub and everything in between, but I can't figure out what the hell is wrong?!

Can someone please help?!?!

It's absolutely doing my swede in! 

smuggs

Feb 19, 2009
Visit site
is there any delay settings or front or back fade options im only guessing but nowone else is around. failing that i would try and put sky into aonther input maybe i the input which you could play with another day, or try the sky box its self make sure its set to dd ect

A

Anonymous

I had the same issue on my Yamaha amp - was watching 24 and the beeps were in the background instead of foreground, although most of the show sounded fine! When the show finished the voiceover man came on but he was also in the distant background, along with the show music.
Listening to the speakers, I can hear only the rear speakers during the end show music. During the main show all the speakers are active. Could it be that the main show is in Dolby Digital but the music is just stereo, yet not correctly broadcasting as such? This seems to be regardless of the DSP mode I set my amp to.

What is going on?

aliEnRIK

Aug 27, 2008
Visit site
Dont have any fancy 'effects' turned on. Set to the basic 'dolby digital' mode. Reset your amp to default if you must and set up from scratch (speaker levels and distances etc)

Also make sure 2 channel is 'normal' pro logic. Changing the pro logic settings can and will send effects to the rear that shouldnt be there

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts