ProAc Studio 100s with Luxman L-1A amp?

Jykes

Mar 16, 2024
Visit site
Hello,

I am looking for a new amp for my ProAc studio 110s and was wondering if the Luxman L-1A was a good choice? The previous amp was already a Luxman and I liked the sound. However I saw somewhere online that Luxman amps weren't powerful enough for the Studio 110s.
I am thankful for any tips or suggestions for other recommended amps. I don't have a very high budget and will likely buy second hand.

Thanks you

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Hi Jykes,

If am in your position, I will try this old Luxman. It is low power 3x35watt but solide construction. I like Proacs speakers (even I do not have them) like Studio 110. They have 8 Ohm impedance, Proac recommend min 15 watt amp for them. This will work also with some tube amp based on EL34 or kt88, which will be my choice for Proacs. Some Audiomat Arpege or small Copland 405 will sound amaizing on Proac. Luxman amps of the age like L1A sound a lot like good tube amps. So to make story short, go for the Luxman. I think you will enjoy this combination.

BR
Juraj

Fandango Andy

Hello,

I am looking for a new amp for my ProAc studio 110s and was wondering if the Luxman L-1A was a good choice? The previous amp was already a Luxman and I liked the sound. However I saw somewhere online that Luxman amps weren't powerful enough for the Studio 110s.
I am thankful for any tips or suggestions for other recommended amps. I don't have a very high budget and will likely buy second hand.

Thanks you

Welcome to the forum.

How much is your budget, what sort of music do you listen to, what country are you in?

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site

Integralista

Feb 9, 2024
Visit site
Ega Thank you! my budget is 100-300 euros, I listen to all types of music but mainly jazz or funk. I'm in France.
Hi,

you may find a nice Rega Mira or Rega Elex as used up to 300 eur. I think both will be better than Luxman and also very good match with Proac.

TRENDING THREADS