ProAc Response D2 v Harbeth Monitor 30.1

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

audylubis

May 7, 2014
Visit site
The new ATC SCM40 is more detailed, open, and transparent. The Harbeth SHL5 has slight edge in the midrange and imaging. I own both and if I have to choose, I'll go with ATC SCM40.

Macspur

May 3, 2010
Visit site
audylubis said:
The new ATC SCM40 is more detailed, open, and transparent. The Harbeth SHL5 has slight edge in the midrange and imaging. I own both and if I have to choose, I'll go with ATC SCM40.

I'll take your word on the new ATC, but

What is the rest of your kit? Harbeth are renowned for their midrange

Mac

www.macsmusic.blogbubble.net

audylubis

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I'm using Mac Mini as transport, Chord Hugo as DAC and preamp, and Musical Fidelity M6i with home theater bypass as power amp. I prefer using Chord Hugo as preamp to maintain integrity of the signal which sounds much better this way rather than using M6i preamp.

PerfectSound

Jun 23, 2016
Visit site
The Harbeth Monitor 30.1 are great speakers. The only drawback is the mid-highs and highs can be a bit too bright and fatiguing sometimes ?? More often than sometimes, actually ! I believe that is one annoying characeristic of these great speakers every owners is aware of..

PerfectSound said:
The Harbeth Monitor 30.1 are great speakers. The only drawback is the mid-highs and highs can be a bit too bright and fatiguing sometimes ?? More often than sometimes, actually ! I believe that is one annoying characeristic of these great speakers every owners is aware of..

Your opinion is valued but this thread is two years old.

BigH

Dec 29, 2012
Visit site
PerfectSound said:

It may help if you informed us what your system is.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts