Proac Response D Two Vs D 18 - Opinions pls..

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
I am having Response D Two and fully impressed by them. If space is not a constraint, given that the stand mounts (along with good stands) are costing the same as floor standers, what could be the pros and cons of this particular Proac speakers?

Please let me know your views

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
Some people prefer stand mounts, some prefer floorstanders.

Floorstanders are generally more efficient so don't always need as much power to drive them as standmounts, but because floorstanders produce deeper bass, more control is needed from the amplifier. This requires better quality amplification.

Soundwise, it's personal preference - some like low end they can feel, especially with music like Massive Attack, others find it a distraction. Sometimes, extra low end can overpower mid and higher frequencies, overshadowing mid/treble detail, which again, some don't like. A speaker with less bass doe tend to give you a greater insight into the music, allowing you to hear much more of what's going on - this can also produce a far greater three dimensional image than a floorstander.

I think our choices are mostly down to the tonal balance we prefer, but as different music is mastered differently, it's usually about compromising and choosing a speaker that sounds good with the styles of music we listen to.

WishTree

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Thanks David! For articulating so well!! I have decided to stick with D TWO for now due to the obvious advantages and given the PV1 leverage ;)

Thanks again!

Frank Harvey

Jun 27, 2008
Visit site
No problem WishTree
emotion-1.gif

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts