Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit DC + Marantz PM5005

Coptuscantus

Jan 6, 2017
Visit site
Hey all--I'm new to the Hifi game and recently bought a Pro-Ject Debut Carbon Esprit DC with the Marantz PM 5005 integrated amp. The question now is: what speakers? I'm looking for a warm sound with some depth--a match for large symphonies, intimate jazz, and punchy hip-hop. Any suggestions?

P.s. I like the Wharfedale 10.7s (the floor speakers), but I don't know how that matches up with my setup.

Happy_Listener

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
I think you should re-post this under the "HI-FI" main forum. This isn't really about your Pro-ject turntable but more about new speakers for it and your Marantz amp. You will get more responses then.

With that being said I think you're on the right track with the Wharfedales if you're looking for a warmer sound. Try to stick with soft dome tweeters if you can. Also, your Marantz is not super powerful so look for speakers rated at 6-8 ohms and at least 89 DB efficient. Most needed for punchy hip-hop :)

Other brands you could look into are Q Acoustics and I also like the Castle Knight series in your price range. The Knight 4 or 5 would be my personal pick.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts