Prime Video UK subscribers will start to see ads next month

My2Cents

Nov 10, 2023
Visit site
Essentially, Amazon Prime ad free video has been free with a Prime membership up until now.
I personally get back my annual Prime fee simply in the form of free shipping each year (and many free returns). Not to mention all the other Prime benefits (books, a limited amount of free music and many others).
Based on the fact that many folks spend 3 quid a day on a Starbucks coffee (I make mine at home or just wait until I get to work to get coffee for free) I consider an extra 3 dollars a month to go 'add free' a pretty good deal.
I spend nothing else on TV (no license fee required in the USA) and I don't have cable (which averages $120 a month for the average American)! Most of the 100's of channels on cable are absolute junk and there are ads every 10 minutes that go an for 3 - 4 minutes.
Even the BBC in the UK has an increasing amount of 'self' advertising that gets annoying after a while and you will soon be paying £169 a year (£14 a month) for that... and no choice because you can't cancel it.
Every corporation is greedy and serves its shareholders, but remember that the average TV show can cost 5-10 million dollars an episode to make and keeps millions of skilled people in jobs worldwide (scores of both skilled and unskilled trades are required to make a film or TV show)... perhaps the 'stars' should stop demanding $500,000 - $1 million an episode? Talk about greedy!

TRENDING THREADS