Primare I30 vs. Kandy K2 integrated

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.
A

Anonymous

Craig - the CD31 is the perfect choice for the I30 - aesthetically and sonically. I couldn't be happier!

A

Anonymous

I tried the Primare I30 on the B&W 685 just for kicks and the bass was very surprising. I would suspect that on your D2s you'll get more bass but tighter bass. Definitely worth a try but it might make your bass and room interactions worse.

indietronic

May 21, 2008
Visit site
your last comment is what makes me kind of sceptical... maybe some time (to help the d twos's burn in...) and some (random?) tests .. and we'll see!

A

Anonymous

You guys make me appreciate my Primares. They are special no doubt. Yet I yearn for more.....

A

Anonymous

jtein:You guys make me appreciate my Primares. They are special no doubt. Yet I yearn for more.....

Me too....hence the upgrade to the Leema combo. FULL STOP....no more upgrades!

GoogleSearchIconShadow.gif
SuperSearchIconShadow.gif

A

Anonymous

mohawk:2 1/2 hours in the car very well spent. I tried Roksan,Quad 900 series , Densen and Primare. 12 months on it's still a real delight to get home and get a listening session started.I had the 130 at home for 6 weeks but managed to russle up another few hundred quid and bought the pre and power without even hearing them,that's how confident I was of the Primare standard.

Mohawk.. Did you like the densen? How did it sound?

Cheers

A

Anonymous

EvilWolf:Me too....hence the upgrade to the Leema combo. FULL STOP....no more upgrades!

Pray tell EW, how does the Leema combo sound compared with the Primare combo? I've actually been eyeing the Leemas for over a month.

Flatsound

Jul 22, 2007
Visit site
SteveR750:I'm going to resurrect this thread, but only interested in comparisons with the K2 and not older versions of the Kandy. What was the outcome of your search?

I'm interested too.

BTW, 2 years ago, I heard the Pimare I30 against a Nait 5i and I wasn't impressed a tall, not because the Primare was bad, but because it was just slightly better than the Nait 5i in some areas, on other hand it lacked the Nait 5i's cohesiveness and tone and cost a lot more.

SonofSun

Mar 11, 2010
Visit site
I have owned both amps (K2 and Primare), and both are extremely good and non fatiguing. The Primare has more control of the bass and goes a bit deeper. For me, the only way to evaluate hifi is with a home demo, initially products can impress but only with long listening sessions can you determine whether you can live with them (re Nait).

The Primare is the better amp, and should be available at reduced prices now it has been replaced, I bough mine on Ebay for £695, great value for money imo. I haven't heard the Nait, but it seems to be well received. From what I understand it has more of an attacking delivery and a more forward presentation

Hope this helps.

Flatsound:SteveR750:I'm going to resurrect this thread, but only interested in comparisons with the K2 and not older versions of the Kandy. What was the outcome of your search? I'm interested too. BTW, 2 years ago, I heard the Pimare I30 against a Nait 5i and I wasn't impressed a tall, not because the Primare was bad, but because it was just slightly better than the Nait 5i in some areas, on other hand it lacked the Nait 5i's cohesiveness and tone and cost a lot more.

This thread is goin' crossed-eyed, the same as most others. The Kandy and Primare are two different animals: The Kandy is a warmish, intimate sounding amp, while the Primare is more precise in its presentation. Hence they both need very different speakers. Ah, and there's a small matter of price difference....

Pointless, I'd say, in comparing the Primare with the Kandy and Naim if you use the same speakers.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts