Primare I30 powerful enough for Spendor A5/A6 speakers?

sjbabbey

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
My old Castle Harlech speakers have given up the ghost and am considering exchanging my old audiolab pre/power amps for a Primare I30 integrated amp to match my CD31 CD player.

With the usual proviso of actually listening to various speaker combinations, would the Spendor A5 or A6s be a good match for the Primare electronics. The reviews I've seen suggest they may be a good sonoc match for the Primares and I like the fact that they are not likely to dominate my living room with their size. My reservation is that they are not as sensitive as other speakers (ProAc/PMC) usually recommended as partners for a Primare set-up. Would this be a good way to go?

Steve

System

Primare CD31, Audiolab 8000c, Audiolab 800P x 2, Castle Harlech (R.I.P.), Nordost flatline (bi-wire), audioquest quartz interconnects.

sjbabbey

Apr 29, 2009
Visit site
Thanks for the advice. I see that the Dyn's are also 85db sensitivity but 4 ohm impedence so if the Primare can drive them OK it should be OK power-wise.

A

Anonymous

The I30 is a superb choice for any of the new Spendor range. I heard it with the SA1s and it was excellent. The I30 has a HUGE power supply and can drive pretty much anything. I think it can muster up peak to peak 45amps; a stiff PSU some would say.

If a Dynaudio user is happy with it then you won't be disappointed; Dyns need a nuclear reaction to power them.

Craig M.

Mar 20, 2008
Visit site
i'm pretty sure i remember looking through the top panel and seeing two pretty meaty toroids. as iggle says, if they can make dyn's "jump to" the spendors will be easy.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts