Primare I 32 vs. Audia FLS3 vs. CA Azur 851A

jurajc

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
Hello, can anyone compare these amplifiers? Which could be better for Visaton Conga Diy speakers ?? The room is (4.5 x 4.7 x 2.7) m. I don't have the opportunity to borrow and listen to them.
Thank you so much.

Hello, can anyone compare these amplifiers? Which could be better for Visaton Conga Diy speakers ?? The room is (4.5 x 4.7 x 2.7) m. I don't have the opportunity to borrow and listen to them.
Thank you so much.
Welcome to the forum, I really doubt anyone has heard all those amps and certainly not with those speakers.
If those speakers work well in your room then any of those amps should drive them well as they are quite efficient, it pretty much depends on what facilities you need in an amplifier in the sense of what sources you care planning to use. I note the 851a is half the cost of the other two you mention and they are very different in their class of amplification.
Can I suggest you go and audition whatever you can if spending that sort of money.
Are you in Germany?

kukulec

Jan 25, 2015
Visit site
Heard the Primare and the CA. About Audia I heard nice things (airy, natural, dynamic presentation). The i32 sq wise is in a different league than the CA. In every possible way. For the price it is nice, however if you can purchase a nice used i32, I would recommend it. Better resolution, better separation and it feels like it goes deeper. Also it has strong power reserves and can handle any kind of speaker with confidence.

Reactions: Al ears
Heard the Primare and the CA. About Audia I heard nice things (airy, natural, dynamic presentation). The i32 sq wise is in a different league than the CA. In every possible way. For the price it is nice, however if you can purchase a nice used i32, I would recommend it. Better resolution, better separation and it feels like it goes deeper. Also it has strong power reserves and can handle any kind of speaker with confidence.
I would agree regarding Primare and CA, well worth twice the money and no contest really.
I am after an older i30 myself.
The Italian Audia Flight are rare in the UK so would be interested to see if anyone had actually heard one.
Reviews are one thing but I wouldn't be buying £2000+ amps on reviews alone.

jurajc

Aug 29, 2020
Visit site
I unpacked the new I32. When I turned on the amplifier with the remote control, my CD player turned off. Then I switched the song with the remote control from Azur 851C to the first in order and I 32 turned off !!!! When I control Balance on the amplifier, it throws a song on a CD Since I would not like to return the amplifier back to the seller, what else could I try ?? Other LCD devices, Apple tv, satellite receiver and Azur 851N streamer with amplifier have no problem. So if you still have advice, thank you.

The I32 and CD player must use overlapping remote control code sets. Check the manuals for both, as some pieces of kit allow you to alter the codes that they use - I had this when I bought an OPPO BR player - it kept triggering the CA one that I retained for multi-region DVD playback. I can't recall which one, but one had three IR code options, switched to the next one and all was fine.

If you see no options, it's worth talking to the manufacturers.

Failing that, you could try something that just delivers the IR to the front panel (like Philips Pronto can with extenders) but that really would be overkill.

Good luck!

Last edited:
You need to read the manuals to see if it's possible. I think the remote had a small switch behind the battery that allowed me to switch between the three code sets, and it might have been necessary to press a combination of keys on the unit itself to get it to understand what codes to expect - but it was all in the manual. Have a look and see whether it's an option on either amp or CDP.

(If neither gives this option, you could always block off the amp's IR sensor and just use its front panel controls and just use the remote for the CDP. Not ideal, but there aren't a lot of options if you want to keep both. A quick google suggests that there's an option to disable the IR sensor in the CDP, and that the amp has a menu setting to use its rear IR inputs, which would effectively disable the front sensor. It doesn't look like either has the option to change its code set, so it may be that if you want to keep both, you can only use remote control for one, disabling it for the other - don't take that as gospel though, do read the manuals!)

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts