Prima Luna Evo 400 pre or integrated

Tackleberry1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
It’s been a few years and was hoping for some insight from some of you….

I currently still own an audio lab 8200 series system - 8200a as preamp feeding into 8200mb mono blocks. This is paired with monitor audio gx100 speakers.

I’ve always been chasing a slightly more engaging, warmer sound and was considering upgrading to a Prima Luna Evo 400 preamp feeding into the audio lab mono blocks utilising the 250w since I already have it. Hoping it might retaking good The Prima Luna is of interest as a tube sound, without the audio research price tag.

Is this a good pairing, or should I trade in the entire lot and go for the Evo 400 integrated instead to minimise the $$ damage?

This will be for a medium to largish room size, with audio lab CD player and Luxman turntable and phono amp.

Thanks!

I would agree that an audition is essential. I would also suggest if you don't plan changing the speakers to something that is really difficult to drive then the monoblocks are a bit superfluous. Get the integrated and audition that as it should have ample power

Tackleberry1

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone had much experience with the Mcintosh ma252? Price wise this is comparable to the Prima Luna.

Not sure which comes out on top out of these two. It’s a bit tricky getting to demo these at the moment, and just trying to whittle down options.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts