preamp jumpers

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
nopiano said:
Hi Gasolin, is your NAD splittable? I know the original 3020 was, but the pics I can find of the E model suggest not.

I'd probably get a set made up by one of the Van Damme suppliers like designacable.

Plus one .

https://www.designacable.com/

insider9

Is this for an upgrade to stock? I'd be careful considering price of the amp and the jumpers you might be spending similar a better amp (in sonic terms) would cost you. Entirely different story if you simply need them.

Also considering the age of the unit if was I to spend money on it I'd have it serviced as opposed to looking for sonic improvements with jumper cables. You'd gain more than from some cables. Any money spent would easily be recouped when selling the unit on.

Food for thought.

Gray

Not everyone's got a soldering iron, or the inclination but, as someone who's made all his leads, I say why not?

Not to save money (at £25 those Audioquests are not extortionate) but just to give you more options for the length you require (no quality compromise necessary)

gasolin

going back to stock?

If you look at the links it can make a different like speaker jumpers.

I want a short pair i can use but have no clue where to finde one other than brands,quality i don't know and audioquest, the shortest i have found is 30 cm.

I think it makes no difference if it's amp jumpers or just short interconnect,signal cable, i just don't want long onces.

Price less or equal to the audioquest cable with shipping.

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Designacable will make you a 25cm interconnect in a choice of nine different colours terminated and using top quality silver plated oxygen free copper Van Damme cable and gold plated REAN RCA connectors for £8.14 each .

https://www.designacable.com/audio-visual/rca-phono-interconnects/gold-plated-rca-to-rca-lead-flexible-van-damme-cable.html

I doubt you could make them to this standard yourself for less money .

Reactions: gasolin

Gray

Electro said:
Designacable will make you a 25cm interconnect in a choice of nine different colours terminated and using top quality silver plated oxygen free copper Van Damme cable and gold plated REAN RCA connectors for £8.14 each .

https://www.designacable.com/audio-visual/rca-phono-interconnects/gold-plated-rca-to-rca-lead-flexible-van-damme-cable.html

I think you're right. The parts would cost you that. They must be buying in massive bulk to be making any real profit - certainly can't accuse them of being greedy with their prices!

gasolin

Electro said:

£30 for a pair, hoped it would cost a bit less than that.

I mean a good interconnect with just less cable shoud be able to buy one for £20 with shipping like QED Performance Audio Graphite, i jsut hate the thought of having to much cable when it's only for pre out and main in (as you can se i use Qed and inakustik interconnects)

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
gasolin said:
Electro said:

£30 for a pair, hoped it would cost a bit less than that.

I mean a good interconnect with just less cable shoud be able to buy one for £20 with shipping like QED Performance Audio Graphite, i jsut hate the thought of having to much cable when it's only for pre out and main in (as you can se i use Qed and inakustik interconnects)

By my reckoning it would be £16.28 for a pair of custom built cables to your spec. *yes3*

If you want them a little shorter than 25cm contact them and let them know I am sure they will make them for you, you can also have a custom label on them for a £1 extra , free shipping too !

gasolin

Electro said:
gasolin said:
Electro said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Short-15cm-RCA-Van-Damme-Silver-Cable-Pair-Black-Sleeved-Jumper-Amp-Interconnect-/172863760361?hash=item283f7ba7e9:g:SscAAOSwY71ZuRLl

I think it's 8.4£ for 2 x15 cm cable and 4£ for shipping, right? Does anybody know the quality, i mean van damme doesn't make just 1 cable but alot, how good is it?

Electro

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
gasolin said:
Electro said:
gasolin said:
Electro said:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Short-15cm-RCA-Van-Damme-Silver-Cable-Pair-Black-Sleeved-Jumper-Amp-Interconnect-/172863760361?hash=item283f7ba7e9:g:SscAAOSwY71ZuRLl

I think it's 8.4£ for 2 x15 cm cable and 4£ for shipping, right? Does anybody know the quality, i mean van damme doesn't make just 1 cable but alot, how good is it?

I got free shipping when I bought mine *scratch_one-s_head* , are you outside the UK ?

As to the quality of Van Damme cable, I use Van Damme speaker cable, interconnects, and digital cables and they are the equal if not better that the extremely expensive Nordost cable I used to own .

The build and sound quality is exemplary and I can back this up with personal experience.

Van Damme also print the full electrical spec of all their cables so you know exactly what you are getting no question .

The cables in your ebay link look very good and should be perfect for the job. *smile*

gasolin

Electro said:
gasolin said:
Electro said:
gasolin said:
Electro said:

I got free shipping when I bought mine *scratch_one-s_head* , are you outside the UK ?

As to the quality of Van Damme cable, I use Van Damme speaker cable, interconnects, and digital cables and they are the equal if not better that the extremely expensive Nordost cable I used to own .

The build and sound quality is exemplary and I can back this up with personal experience.

Van Damme also print the full electrical spec of all their cables so you know exactly what you are getting no question .

The cables in your ebay link look very good and should be perfect for the job. *smile*

Yes outside of uk

Just got a reply from the dealer, it is indeed 2 cables, im gonna order it for the price of £12.40

Update i have ordered a pair

andyjm

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
Does no one on here see the absurdity of the suggestion that two very short (2cm?) jumpers are replaced by a length of wire?

Why not unpick all the copper tracks on the circuit board and replace those with wire while you are at it. Then there are those troublesome leads coming out of the output transistors. Lets snip them off and replace by wire as well.....

Cable is passive. All a cable can do is make the signal worse, therefore the best cable is the shortest cable. NAD's two little jumpers are ideal for the job. In the same way the shorting plates supplied with bi wirable speakers are perfect for the job and messing around with bits of wire can only make matters worse.

andyjm said:
Does no one on here see the absurdity of the suggestion that two very short (2cm?) jumpers are replaced by a length of wire?

Why not unpick all the copper tracks on the circuit board and replace those with wire while you are at it. Then there are those troublesome leads coming out of the output transistors. Lets snip them off and replace by wire as well.....

Cable is passive. All a cable can do is make the signal worse, therefore the best cable is the shortest cable. NAD's two little jumpers are ideal for the job. In the same way the shorting plates supplied with bi wirable speakers are perfect for the job and messing around with bits of wire can only make matters worse.
Yes, I do. But the question wasn't versus NAD jumpers, rather against an expensive option. I presume the originals were missing.

Gasolin, where are you?!

insider9

nopiano said:
andyjm said:

Why not unpick all the copper tracks on the circuit board and replace those with wire while you are at it.  Then there are those troublesome leads coming out of the output transistors.  Lets snip them off and replace by wire as well..... 

Cable is passive.  All a cable can do is make the signal worse, therefore the best cable is the shortest cable.  NAD's two little jumpers are ideal for the job.  In the same way the shorting plates supplied with bi wirable speakers are perfect for the job and messing around with bits of wire can only make matters worse.
Yes, I do.  But the question wasn't versus NAD jumpers, rather against an expensive option.  I presume the originals were missing.
I'm not so sure hence my reply in post #6. Gasolin even posted a link in relation to an "upgrade". He does have this amp for a while and used it.

gasolin

nopiano said:
andyjm said:

Yes, I do. But the question wasn't versus NAD jumpers, rather against an expensive option. I presume the originals were missing.

Gasolin, where are you?!

Denmark

gasolin

DougK said:
He's a serial tweaker *smile*

Don't know what you mean

My turntable is stock besides a leather plate analogis mat six (all black, not black and red as on there website), isoacoustics stands for my speakers, sd feet for my cd player and polipods feet for my amp, a good dac, a hifi power distributor (about 9-10 years old) one good power mains for my cd player, other cables is good cables from Qed and one from inakustik and supra (not the cheapest,just above standard Quality).

That's it, nothing out of the ordinary

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts