Pre Out Question Please

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
Please can anyone tell me if by using the the pre outs on an AV Receiver you can then plug in a decent sounding stereo amp and use it for playing music? I keep holding back on buying an AV Receiver as the ones in my price range £400, seem to get bad reviews for their music playing ability. If I understand right, I can just run the front speakers through the pre out amplifier when I want to play music, and this will hopefully solve my AV dilema. I understand the new SONY STR-DA2400ES has pre outs, so I will wait and see if this model matches up to the Onkyo 606 before making the plunge. It looks like the SONY STR-DA2400ES may not have a zone 2 speaker connection though, which I would have liked, or can you use the pre out for this purpose also? Thanks in advance for any help Peter

fr0g

Jan 7, 2008
Visit site
However, the answer is yes. If you want to do stereo through a stereo amp, and AV on the same set of speakers, make sure you buy an AV amp with preouts...Denon, Sony, Marantz...etc or a more expensive Onkyo

A

Anonymous

Thanks for the replies. sounds like the pre out is ideal for my situation.

I did notice the 606 had no pre outs, that's why I wanted to wait and see how the new Sony STR-DA2400ES matches up to it in terms of performance.

Thanks

TRENDING THREADS