Pre-Amp with Power Amp – HD Sound Formats

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
I’m looking to get a 2nd system to put in my back room, to accommodate my PS3 and Sonos, so 5.1 for gaming and movies are just as important as music.I’m looking at the Monitor Audio Bronze package but with the BR5’s instead of the BR2’s and possibly Bi-Wiring or Bi-Amping it, to partner the speakers was looking to invest in the Onkyo 875.
I was reading a previous thread were Pre-Amp and using a Power-Amp was mentioned, quite like the idea of the AV amp pre-out to a separate stereo amp, to power the BR5’s.
Now thinking along the lines of the Onkyo 705 and a dedicated Stereo amp (Unsure what yet), but my main question is when the HD Sound Formats eventually come out on Blue Ray, would the Onkyo pass this onto the dedicated Stereo amp and would I get the HD Sound through the 2 main speakers?

SAPCOR1

Aug 18, 2007
Visit site
The "HD Sound" whether passed to the internal amps in the Onkyo or a seperate power amp will be the same before it hits the speakers

You should check however that the Onkyo will allow you to select this and that it has pre-outs

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts