Powered speakers sub 400 pounds

muljao

Jul 18, 2016
Visit site
Hi all,
My brother wants to put a turntable in his apartment. His partner is not to keen on the idea so if it's to go ahead it will be a turntable and speakers without an amp. I have showed him some examples (he likes good sound but it doesn't have to be the ultimate) and he will likely get a 250 pounds turntable with built in preamp.

He is happy to pay a little more for powered speakers (not necessarily active, just no amp). Is there anything that ye could recommend for say 400 pounds. Other connections such as Bluetooth or Spotify would be nice but not crucial. They would though need to be domestic friendly in appearance.

Thanks

insider9

Welcome back. I'm only aware of them and not heard them. They have been well received with Trusted Reviews giving them 9/10. Since the review Tidal, Deezer were added.

They're available at £454 so just over budget but have a fully working streamer and I believe they look good too.

davedotco

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Are probably the most complete solution though a little over budget. Functionality is unsurpased, network streaming, Spotify, Tidal etc, analog inputs, Bluetooth, Airplay, the lot really, comes with a regular remote but the MusicCast app is first rate.

Sound quality is pretty good, proper active setup with a lot in common with Yamaha's hugely successfull HS series monitors, only downside is the lack of grills which give them a 'studio' style look.

If you want something more hi-fi looking, you should look at the Dali Zenzor 1ax at around the same price, nothing like the flexibility of the Yamaha but a pretty package at about the same price.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts