Power cable

Page 21 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
There is a video on you tube of gryphon and wilson audio I think xlf speakers and you can tell its really something.

I think wilson often use vtl amplifiers and recently dagostino. Are you demoing them?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
checked some bryston, accuphase, bel canto and gryphon beat them all so far.. and the raidho's are really something..

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
I travel to Europe and do most of my auditioning there... Wilson is on my list to do. 

I know you have good contacts in europe but please demo the scm100asl as i know you value accuracy over all else.

No need to spend ridiculas amount of money when you can have better sound for mid range price

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
lpv said:
I travel to Europe and do most of my auditioning there... Wilson is on my list to do.

I know you have good contacts in europe but please demo the scm100asl as i know you value accuracy over all else.

No need to spend ridiculas amount of money when you can have better sound for mid range price

also.. I want style

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
lpv said:
checked some bryston, accuphase, bel canto and gryphon beat them all so far.. and the raidho's are really something.. 

How much better though?
For the prices they ask unless you can get a very good rebate?

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
lpv said:
checked some bryston, accuphase, bel canto and gryphon beat them all so far.. and the raidho's are really something..

How much better though? For the prices they ask unless you can get a very good rebate?

I don't know what so special about bryston/ pmc combination? bit dead sounding.. gryphon is transparent, in total control, musical like a dream, sweet... it's pointless to name it all, you need to hear it ! it's going to be hard to beat but it's early days and many more amps to check

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
GamuT make everything their zodiac speakers at £100k are amazing.

Their pre and amps are expensive but not 100k - very very good.

YG acoustics make speakers. They mill their own drivers from solid billets of aluminium.

The Hayley and the Sonya are supposed to be very accurate and exceptional

I have a love affair with wilson audio for some reason. Their you tube channel has got me hooked. Amazing videos to watch - what a company

shadders

Gazzip said:
shadders said:
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:
Raihdo i am sure do that just for shits and giggles

I'm on your side with this but Lars Kristensen, the man behind Raihdo, was for many years the international face of Nordost. Not a good example given the two company's obvious relationship... *unknw*

Quit spreading such conspiracies. *secret*

At least I didn't suggest he was servicing a divorce...
Hi,

*biggrin*

Whether he is or is not - the fact that they charge more for extra lengths of speaker cable should raise alarm bells.

I don't know anyone foolish enough to pay more, pro rata, for more you buy. Only examples would be gemstones - where the bigger, the more you pay. Speaker cables - more you buy, the less you pay per metre. Unless you are stooooooopid.

Regards,

Shadders.

Hi,

Looking at the other Studio Connections Black Star products advertised on the Renaissance Audio website they all cost less pro rata for additional length. This leads me to believe that the Black Star speaker cable price must be a typo. Given that this is a distributor site, not a vendor site, I would suggest this is an entirely plausible explanation.
Hi,

Hence the reason for investigating. They really are taking the mickey. Not only extremely expensive, but charging more proportionally, the more you purchase - utter disgrace.

Regards,

Shadders.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Over 500 posts and what have we learned?

- Some studios use expensive cables.

- Cables make a difference to those who believe and can't make a difference to those who don't.

- The OP's question is less important than a good cable argument.

Did I miss anything, or do we need another 500 posts to make sure?

Samd

CnoEvil said:
Over 500 posts and what have we learned?

- Some studios use expensive cables.

- Cables make a difference to those who believe and can't make a difference to those who don't.

- The OP's question is less important than a good cable argument.

Did I miss anything, or do we need another 500 posts to make sure?

miss something that is. Not saying which camp I am in but am seriously doubting some of the advice I have had on more general issues from those 'in the other camp' and that is worrying at best.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts