Power cable

Page 19 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Thought there might be twist from you shadders to try avoid you being wrong. So easy to predict and script

There is nothing new mentioned in terms of noise just a way at looking at what exists now cmon admit your wrong.

Vlad tryong to discredit as well lol its predictable x 2

shadders

ellisdj said:
Thought there might be twist from you shadders to try avoid you being wrong. So easy to predict and script

There is nothing new mentioned in terms of noise just a way at looking at what exists now cmon admit your wrong.

Hi,

No, anyone presenting the aspect of science will not twist. There is only facts and presentation of the information.

Try and see that if there is no paper presented, or scientific reference, then you should doubt what you are being told.

Hifi is not devoid of con merchants.

Regards,

Shadders.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nordost.com/downloads/NewApproachesToAudioMeasurement.pdf&ved=0ahUKEwjjvMiC0anTAhUqCMAKHZ2kDrUQFggdMAA&usg=AFQjCNHl5gDljlJZmvRgYOrVjkYdZCI2vw

That's the paper - no mention of the discovery of any new forms of noise in the video you cant have watched as its an hour long and its not been that or the paper

That is what you stated

Now admit you were wrong. Dont spin it or twist it.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nordos...

That's the paper - no mention of the discovery of any new forms of noise in the video you cant have watched as its an hour long and its not been that or the paper

That is what you stated

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Vladimir said:
RMAF09: New Approach to Audio Measurement

thanks for the link.. people say: why u should care about this bit of cable when internal speaker wiring is just generic cable.. well, raidho internal wiring is by top of the range Nordost..

btw, I'll have a chance to listen to gryphon/ raidho combination again and this time I can swap the cables between gryphon's own and ansuz. can't wait

shadders

ellisdj said:
https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.nordos...

That is what you stated

Hi,

No - when i state paper - i mean in a journal such as the IET, or IEEE. This is NOT spin. I read the document - and there was no new noise referred to - only marketing statements.

Regards,

Shadders.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:

Wrong! I've never been more convinced in my life. Seriously!

I honestly beleive navy commando team sabotaged their hotel presentation to stop them leaking info on ultra advanced sonar technology. At this point I'm seriously questioning if posting in this thread is worth risking all our lives just to learn about Nordost underground technology that would make listening to Babyface hits as if present alive in our livingrooms.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
What are you on about Vlad. Shadders brought this video up and asked for the link No mention of the discovery of a new type of noise that I have seen in it. Not got to end yet but I am sure on this. That would have stuck with me.

Just waiting for the post from him where he admits he was wrong.

I bet he will find an angle or spin to dodge it, usually does

His sleight of hand trick with grounding the tuner antenna was a big yawn. Try using a turntable (the weakest signal in the hifi chain) without reference to ground and see how that goes. 

And yes Andrew, he mentions they are using military and space technology capacitors in Audioquest products. *biggrin*

John Dunlavy spent decades designing antennas for the US military before starting his speaker company. He publicly shat on audiophile cable companies and their clients.

Is it pure coincidence that all these military arial mechanics and avionics engineers are all cashing in on speaker cable

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
What are you on about Vlad. Shadders brought this video up and asked for the link No mention of the discovery of a new type of noise that I have seen in it. Not got to end yet but I am sure on this. That would have stuck with me.

His sleight of hand trick with grounding the tuner antenna was a big yawn. Try using a turntable (the weakest signal in the hifi chain) without reference to ground and see how that goes. 

And yes Andrew, he mentions they are using military and space technology capacitors in Audioquest products. *biggrin*

John Dunlavy spent decades designing antennas for the US military before starting his speaker company. He publicly shat on audiophile cable companies and their clients.

Is it pure coincidence that all these military arial mechanics and avionics engineers are all cashing in on speaker cable

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
lpv said:
ellisdj said:
Raihdo i am sure do that just for shits and giggles

ellis - absolutely top class speakers. you would love them.

I know mate I have heard the small ones off a Kronos lyd edtn turntable and accompanying quality gear.

That was a disappointment and a surprise to be so.

Sure the bigger ones are better

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
ellisdj said:

I'm on your side with this but Lars Kristensen, the man behind Raihdo, was for many years the international face of Nordost. Not a good example given the two company's obvious relationship... *unknw*

lpv

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:

I'm on your side with this but Lars Kristensen, the man behind Raihdo, was for many years the international face of Nordost. Not a good example given the two company's obvious relationship... *unknw*

still, they use quality wiring inside and not only outside the speaker cabinet.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:

Quit spreading such conspiracies. *secret*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:

His sleight of hand trick with grounding the tuner antenna was a big yawn. Try using a turntable (the weakest signal in the hifi chain) without reference to ground and see how that goes.

And yes Andrew, he mentions they are using military and space technology capacitors in Audioquest products. *biggrin*

When you're out of a gov job this is easy money. Impress your bosses by just having the osciloscope turned on.

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:

At least I didn't suggest he was servicing a divorce...

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Vladimir said:
shadders said:
ellisdj said:
Dr. Sonar, works in one of the cable companies doing this product pitch. *ROFL*

Who is the mr sonar you are referring to? Roy Gregory?

You can look up the company thay does the testing - doesnt appear to be any link to a cable company?

Dr Gareth Humphreys-Jones // Click the link.

Roy Gregory reminds me of many multilevel marketing salesmen I've met, especially those selling carpet cleaning machines.

shadders

Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
Gazzip said:
ellisdj said:

At least I didn't suggest he was servicing a divorce...
Hi,

*biggrin*

Whether he is or is not - the fact that they charge more for extra lengths of speaker cable should raise alarm bells.

I don't know anyone foolish enough to pay more, pro rata, for more you buy. Only examples would be gemstones - where the bigger, the more you pay. Speaker cables - more you buy, the less you pay per metre. Unless you are stooooooopid.

Regards,

Shadders.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
His biography is on the web page which highlights his military career but no mention of working in the hifi industry besides the collaboration between vertex and actuity products which is what is mentioned in the video/ white paper

Mmmm what have I missed here?

Edit roy gregory can sell because he speaks with intense passion.
He is a far better sales person than you find in carpet shops.

He has also reviewed more top end systems than you have read reviews of them. He hasnt done too bad for himself.

TRENDING THREADS