Power cable

Page 12 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Doesnt matter old phart - someone would have to teach you about having fun with the hobby. You stay in your miserable side of the hobby

Is there a miserable side to it? No. A sensible side, certainly. :O)

There is - there is the side that attempts to put a negative spin on a positive situation - I have visions of Walder Gray from game thrones for you trevc i mean old phart

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
so if i tried one of these mains leads then which one do you get at i would not want to pay £1000 for one

i take it i would need 2 one for the amp and one for the cdplayer ?
I'm in Cambridgeshire i have a few leads you can try
how far from ely ?
I'm in st Ives so a little way
its not to far about 20-25 miles
IL pop over with with everything i got here's my email just email me when you get it and I'll take it
ok we are sorted for tomorrow

seemorebtts is making the effort to come to mine tomorrow to try theses power cables out to see if there will be any changes to the sound or not .

i am open minded person to try theses things and both of us are not going to lose anything out of this little demo .

it will be a nice to meet someone who's into hifi who around my neck of the woods it's just a shame we do not have local hifi club so we can all get together .

anyway thanks seemorebtts for making the effort .

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
seemorebtts said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
so if i tried one of these mains leads then which one do you get at i would not want to pay £1000 for one

i take it i would need 2 one for the amp and one for the cdplayer ?
I'm in Cambridgeshire i have a few leads you can try
how far from ely ?
I'm in st Ives so a little way
its not to far about 20-25 miles
IL pop over with with everything i got here's my email just email me when you get it and I'll take it
ok we are sorted for tomorrow

seemorebtts is making the effort to come to mine tomorrow to try theses power cables out to see if there will be any changes to the sound or not .

i am open minded person to try theses things and both of us are not going to lose anything out of this little demo .

it will be a nice to meet someone who's into hifi who around my neck of the woods it's just a shame we do not have local hifi club so we can all get together .

anyway thanks seemorebtts for making the effort .

Make sure you agree a safe word before you start...

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Seriously though I have had a few hifi guys round to my place and they have all been great days. Which reminds me ellisdj, is your system ready for a return visit?

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:
Doesnt matter old phart - someone would have to teach you about having fun with the hobby. You stay in your miserable side of the hobby

There is - there is the side that attempts to put a negative spin on a positive situation - I have visions of Walder Gray from game thrones for you trevc i mean old phart

TrevC is an old phart, but is Oldphrt TrevC? *help*

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:

so they say or is a cable bot

Gazzip

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:

How do YOU know TC is an old phart? Have you met him? Are you he, two browsers open and mocking us all? The plot thickens...

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:

How do YOU know TC is an old phart? Have you met him? Are you he, two browsers open and mocking us all? The plot thickens...

He disclosed that info himself. I have the communiqué in my files.

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:

No negative spin, just a dose of reality. Does reality depress you? I know you want to believe in impossibilities, but wouldn't real hifi differences be more interesting than the homeopathic sort?

Oldphrt

Oct 21, 2016
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Vladimir said:
ellisdj said:
Oldphrt said:
ellisdj said:

so they say or is a cable bot

Better a bot than a clot.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
If you doing this test correctly tomorrow then you should not know which cable is fitted.
Either yours or his random with you not knowing which cables are fitted.

If you are aware of the change the results will be flawed as the chap comming over to you will prepare your mind for a better experience from the upsell.

Id do it blind

radiorog

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
That all these special cable manufacturers seem only to prey on audiophiles...

Howcome they dont get it right with professionals?

Its a joke man
Maybe recording music requires very different parameters than audiophile listening. Like the video showing how record producers use "worse" speakers than they could, because the higher end ones make the recording sound rubbish (which they are in reality), but 99% of listeners are using cheap gear to listen on, and so the recording has to match the final output stage. Maybe this is why studios don't bother with high end cables, because even if they did make a difference, the final listener wouldn't appreciate it, and it could even make the recording sound worse.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
If you doing this test correctly tomorrow then you should not know which cable is fitted. Either yours or his random with you not knowing which cables are fitted.

If you are aware of the change the results will be flawed as the chap comming over to you will prepare your mind for a better experience from the upsell.

Id do it blind
does it really make any difference if it's blind or not as if there is a difference in sound it will be clear cut I would of thought ? If I can not hear a change then I am not going to hear a change .

the other issue you will have to keep swapping out the power cables so will have to power down amp and cdplayer every time you change power cords . I have seen before you can get a a-b switcher so one power cord is always plumed in .

anyway Andrew it's a bit of fun and great to meet someone from this site and to see if theses power cords do make a difference or not I mean it will save me money if I can not hear a difference and if I can't hear a difference I will be honest and say I can't but if I can hear a difference then I've got some money to spend on power cords . And anyway I probably would not be believed on here anyway if I could hear a difference on power cords there no way of me proving If I do hear a difference tomorrow

its just something I am doing for my self and to let the op know if I felt I could hear a difference or not

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
radiorog said:
Andrewjvt said:
That all these special cable manufacturers seem only to prey on audiophiles...

Howcome they dont get it right with professionals?

Its a joke man
Maybe recording music requires very different parameters than audiophile listening. Like the video showing how record producers use "worse" speakers than they could, because the higher end ones make the recording sound rubbish (which they are in reality), but 99% of listeners are using cheap gear to listen on, and so the recording has to match the final output stage. Maybe this is why studios don't bother with high end cables, because even if they did make a difference, the final listener wouldn't appreciate it, and it could even make the recording sound worse.

Hi mate

Go back.about 30 - 50 posts a few members were very proud of themselves for pointing out a few studios using hiend special cables.

Andrewjvt

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:
If you doing this test correctly tomorrow then you should not know which cable is fitted. Either yours or his random with you not knowing which cables are fitted.

Id do it blind
does it really make any difference if it's blind or not as if there is a difference in sound it will be clear cut I would of thought ? If I can not hear a change then I am not going to hear a change .

the other issue you will have to keep swapping out the power cables so will have to power down amp and cdplayer every time you change power cords  . I have seen before you can get a a-b switcher so one power cord is always plumed in  .

anyway Andrew it's a bit of fun and great to meet someone from this site and to see if theses power cords do make a difference or not I mean it will save me money if I can not hear a difference and if I can't hear a difference I will be honest and say I can't but if I can hear a difference then I've got some money to spend on power cords . And anyway I probably would not be believed on here anyway if I could hear a difference on power cords there no way of me proving If I do hear  a difference tomorrow 

its just something I am doing for my self and to let the op know if I felt I could hear a difference or not 

I get it really but just to make you aware that a sighted test is easy to imagine a change in sound thats all.

Blind will be a real test. Just remember on another post a few weeks ago this same guy was saying hiw an av rack was his best sound upgrade he ever brought. Imagine the upsell for the power cables??

Still interested to hear how you get on though.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Go back.about 30 - 50 posts a few members were very proud of themselves for pointing out a few studios using hiend special cables.

It was only one member....and he only produced the list because he was specifically asked to. Pride didn't come into it....if he hadn't backed up his claim, he would have been accused of bluffing.

lindsayt

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site
Vladimir said:
Fuk yeah! Turtle knows his stuff.

Hi Fi Mains Leads - Russ Andrews PowerKord 100
I was looking for a video that showed what speakers he has to see if they're as tragically bad as his plasticky Marantz TT and woolly Nad amp when I came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEh8N-eCbSk

Made me laugh out loud when he treated the label side only.

Tututle deserves his own thread where we can discuss which of his videos are our favourites.

Blacksabbath25

Sep 20, 2015
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:

Id do it blind

the other issue you will have to keep swapping out the power cables so will have to power down amp and cdplayer every time you change power cords . I have seen before you can get a a-b switcher so one power cord is always plumed in .

anyway Andrew it's a bit of fun and great to meet someone from this site and to see if theses power cords do make a difference or not I mean it will save me money if I can not hear a difference and if I can't hear a difference I will be honest and say I can't but if I can hear a difference then I've got some money to spend on power cords . And anyway I probably would not be believed on here anyway if I could hear a difference on power cords there no way of me proving If I do hear a difference tomorrow

I get it really but just to make you aware that a sighted test is easy to imagine a change in sound thats all.

Blind will be a real test. Just remember on another post a few weeks ago this same guy was saying hiw an av rack was his best sound upgrade he ever brought. Imagine the upsell for the power cables??

yep I understand what your saying Andrew but he is allowed his opinion like the rest of us on here whether we are right or wrong .

yep I will post what I think and it will be a honest opinion

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Andrewjvt said:
Blacksabbath25 said:
Andrewjvt said:

Id do it blind

Throughout the years in this hobby you repetitively hear a new prank done to golden ear audiophiles. Especially the one where in a sighted test gear is being swapped and discussed in great details, only in the end to be revealed that no actual swapping was done, just pretending. Meanwhile hours passed and countless attributes and nuances were ascribed to the freshly 'swapped' gear. A lot of imagination, snacks and drinks happening, but not much else.

Never heard about prank where solder was tested, but there is always a first one.

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
lindsayt said:
Vladimir said:
Fuk yeah! Turtle knows his stuff.

Hi Fi Mains Leads - Russ Andrews PowerKord 100
I was looking for a video that showed what speakers he has to see if they're as tragically bad as his plasticky Marantz TT and woolly Nad amp when I came across this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEh8N-eCbSk

Made me laugh out loud when he treated the label side only.

Tututle deserves his own thread where we can discuss which of his videos are our favourites.

I too find his channel an amazing source of practical, sane and logical advice.

jackcrying_zps40dbc542.gif

ellisdj

Dec 11, 2008
Visit site
Gazzip said:
Seriously though I have had a few hifi guys round to my place and they have all been great days. Which reminds me ellisdj, is your system ready for a return visit?

Gazzip mate yep am ready for you. Gremlins gone thats the good news.
Still working on it but always am.

Looking forward to it mate - giving you your first xlo experience... :)

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I think he only has these + a headphone setup with a Denon desk head amp.

He stuffed Kimber cables to the Logitech speaker spring clips! I'm tearing up! *lol*

They are now officially studio grade quality!

ap_9504290116.jpg

FFS

TRENDING THREADS