Power cable

Page 39 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
ellisdj said:
I can assure you if you listened to my system you wouldnt think mains products do that to systems.

I dont know what you have tested products wise but they shouldn't do that. However if they are cleaning "fat" off your sound and showing up other issues then its not them at fault - the fault is elsewhere such as freq response which is often a problem.
Not all main products, most of them. The one I tested was IsoL8 mains conditioner, if I got the name right. That made my system sound worse. The only mains cable am using right now is Blackrhodium.

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
Native_bon said:
Not all main products, most of them. The one I tested was IsoL8 mains conditioner, if I got the name right. That made my system sound worse. The only mains cable am using right now is Blackrhodium.

I tried an Isol8, though I think it was a regenerator.....and it also made my system sound worse.

Native_bon

Nov 26, 2008
Visit site
CnoEvil said:
Native_bon said:

I tried an Isol8, though I think it was a regenerator.....and it also made my system sound worse.
Oh well, we must be mad then. *biggrin*

Vladimir

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I've tried different computer grade UPS, voltage regulators, filters and couldn't hear any difference in performance. Admittedly I wasn't listening for one, I simply wanted stable voltage during brownouts with no DC in it.

However, one regulator did make a difference by making my amplifiers run cooler than usual. I then measured its output voltage and it was 220V AC not 240. Sits in storage being useless now.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts