Power bars, power cables - a proper written debate

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the What HiFi community: the world's leading independent guide to buying and owning hi-fi and home entertainment products.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
QuestForThe13thNote said:
CnoEvil said:
if you don’t understand that you can’t have much upstairs.

Even though I'm on the same side of the debate as you....I think that the way you put your arguments, does more damage to our case (such as it is), than the sceptics manage.

As soon as you insult someone, you have lost the argument, as far as I'm concerned.

i think everyone has a limit and I don’t take to aggressive types well. There are too many on the Internet and they need telling where to go.

Oh dear, losing it now..well and proper

CnoEvil

Aug 21, 2009
Visit site
There are too many on the Internet and they need telling where to go.

Not if you want taken seriously.

Before you write a diatribe, remove 80% of it and with the remaining 20%, make the salient points. People simply don't read a barage of endlessly long posts, so lose the point you're trying to make.

If you are worked up, take a minute to gather your thoughts, rather than launch into another rant.

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Quest if your enjoying the sound through your cables then why worry what other people think, i really dont think they will ever be a definitive answer to the cable debate its a bit like marmite i suppose

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

I don’t worry about what other people think of me, I think there are some serious idiots online which hampers others enjoyment.

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

CnoEvil said:

Before you write a diatribe, remove 80% of it and with the remaining 20%, make the salient points. People simply don't read a barage of endlessly long posts, so lose the point you're trying to make.

If you are worked up, take a minute to gather your thoughts, rather than launch into another rant.

maybe the idiots don’t or those who don’t want to come on here and debate information, get to information. We can all revise views but these people don’t seem to have much intelligence to want to debate respectfully,and read what people take time to write. I’ve spent some time explaining mcgurk etc, only for the idiot to start going on about another point, then it just never gets developed and people just wade in. I haven’t seen anyone actually argue why these things are making a difference, only Ellis and everyone shouts me down and other don’t fully take part, because they admit they don’t want the abuse from others. I say rubbish to that. If they don’t have a long attention span to read stuff, then that’s not my concern not should I apologise for it. And I’m not posting diatribe. I’m interested in getting to what Andy thinks and why. I’d love it if someone wrote a really,long posts so I can understand the minute details of his thinking so I can go away and understand and learnt what might be going on with these cables etc. Not some quick post. I find that a bit asinine if I’m honest, because nobody knows where you are coming from. I doubt I can be blamed of that.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
CnoEvil said:

CnoEvil is offering you some good advice here. Take it. Embrace it, be prepared to approach things in a differeent way. Seriously he is offering you a very well thought through idea

jimmy1

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I should add ive never tried expensive power leads but i did notice a difference in using thicker copper speaker wire from old thin bell wire style stuff

Q

QuestForThe13thNote

#31 only if suits your agenda to put me down.,there are loads of nasty people like you online. You are interested in hi Fi and what it can do, you want to come on here to inflame your ego, like this lastest post.

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
jimmy1 said:
I dont have an agenda ive just never tried them thats all

I think he was maybe referring to my post but such is the confusion here you may have ind=advertantly been dragged into this. You can always ask for an apology. My post was contructive and without malice but has attracted a particularly negative response for some reason. Don't take it personally

nick8858

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
#31 only if suits your agenda to put me down.,there are loads of nasty people like you online. You are interested in hi Fi and what it can do, you want to come on here to inflame your ego, like this lastest post.

I don't have an ego and your posts are getting somewhat more inflamed. I have been described as bereft of anything upstairs and now I am nasty and being accused of inflaming my ego. Who's the agressor now....

TRENDING THREADS