Power amp for centre speaker to match Kandy K2 amp

admin_exported

Aug 10, 2019
Visit site
As sig below, For movies I use my Denon AVR-2310 as a preamp and Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp as a poweramp to the left & right PMC FB1i speakers.

This massively improves the sound quality to these speakers for movies and now I'd like to get a mono power amp for my PMC TB2M-Ci centre speaker.

I'd like to strike a balance between matching the quality of the Kandy K2 and spending as little as possible.

In the future, I will also get a dedicated Roksan Kandy K2 as a poweramp, but I'll use this for bi-amping the FB1's.

Any suggestions for a suitable mono poweramp?

Lost Angeles

Apr 24, 2008
Visit site
arnitect:

As sig below, For movies I use my Denon AVR-2310 as a preamp and Roksan Kandy K2 integrated amp as a poweramp to the left & right PMC FB1i speakers.

This massively improves the sound quality to these speakers for movies and now I'd like to get a mono power amp for my PMC TB2M-Ci centre speaker.

I'd like to strike a balance between matching the quality of the Kandy K2 and spending as little as possible.

In the future, I will also get a dedicated Roksan Kandy K2 as a poweramp, but I'll use this for bi-amping the FB1's.

Any suggestions for a suitable mono poweramp?

As no one has replies to this I will set the ball rolling, although it may have been better placed in the Home Cinema section.
Option 1. Buy a secondhand Audiolab Mono amp off E-bay and see what that sound like, if you are not happy with it you can always sell it on.

Option 2. Buy the Kandy Power Amp and try this on your centre speaker using only one channel, you can then see if this makes the difference you require and then use the Power amp to Bi-amp the front speakers. This way you won't be buying something you may not need. In my AV set up the front speakers are fed from the Receiver through the integrated and power amp to bi-amp the speakers but I think it unnecessary to have a power amp to the centre speaker which mainly does dialogue. Your centre speaker is a level up from mine so it may need a power amp though.

Option 3. If I had your front speakers I would sell the Kandy integrated and add the money from this to the money you have for the Kandy power amp and Mono amp and buy a Roksan Caspian or equivalent amp and improve the signal to your front speakers for both AV and Hifi. I think a Caspian or equivalent will be better than a Bi-amped Kandy.

A

Anonymous

Thanks for responding!
Yes, I would like to move this over to the Home Cinema section, oh well too late now.

Option 1. Good suggestion, it should be within my budget.

Option 2. for movies, most of the sound is from the centre speaker and it seems noticeably less clear and smooth than the fronts. One thing I should try is to temporarily re-cable my Kandy Integrated Amp to power the centre instead of the fronts (just thought of that)

Option 3. I'm saving for some bryston kit for my next big upgrade (years away), was thinking of a Kandy power amp as an intermediate upgrade, but I will try other amps for similar money.

TRENDING THREADS

Latest posts